❥ Chapter Four ❥

Written by DeadlyDisasters

Everett's POV

I felt eyes watching me as I admired my work. The dead couple and I aren't far from a house, their house I'm assuming. A black haired teenager was standing in the curtains just watching. He met my eyes, lifted his and invited me closer.

I'm intrigued, this boy was watching me from his home as I shot his parents, as his father begged for his life. He should be freaking out, calling the cops, yet he just stands there partially hidden by the curtains and watches. Why isn't he screaming in despair?

I make it to the house it's shabby and in desperate need of a new coat of paint. I look back to the window to find the boy is missing, he opens the door and steps out. With a better view I can see a silver lip piercing, each article of clothing he's wearing is a varying shade of black, he's wearing black and white converse, and he's too skinny.

He waits for me to make the first move, so I do.

"Did you want something, maybe death?" I ask in a light, happy voice.

His green eyes study me, this is new. I blend in, people don't generally notice me which makes my hobby so much easier.

"I want you to take me under your wing, teach me to kill." He says at last.

I can hear my heart pounding, my bloods racing. This boy who couldn't be more then seventeen or eighteen is asking me, the killer of his parents to teach him to kill too? I'm amazed but also extremely curious, what happened to this boy to not even flinch when his parents die in front of him.

"Why?"

"You're the one in control, you can take or leave your victim's life. I want that power, I want to watch then beg for their lives like my bastard father did. I want to be so skilled that the best detectives can't find me. I'm done with this life I've led, I'm ready for a change."

I cross my arms and lean against the door frame. The gun still in my hand, gas warmed from body heat and use. Should I let this kid ruin his life? Nevermind, what do I care, he probably couldn't kill anyone. I'll have to kill him. I lift my arm and put the gun to his head, he doesn't flinch.
I'm about to pull the trigger when he says,

"Don't believe I have it in me? Test me. Let me try and kill someone. If I can't you can pull the trigger, end my life. It's not like it was worth living anyway."

Never have any of my victims ever offered something like this. It's too good to pass up, I have to take it. The chance of killing a willing victim, it probably won't have the same rush as normal but it's still a kill. I pull the gun away from his head and he nods as if I've said my answer.

"I'll take your deal and do yo- nevermind I'm trying to lose the cops so I can't use my signature here."

The strange boy nods in agreement. I frown and walk away. I know the perfect house for him to try his hand at killing. I've followed her home many times hoping to make her my next victim bur haven't yet. She lives alone and she's probably only a few years older then the boy following me.

"If this is going to work I need to know a few things and you can't say no. Don't worry, I'm just gathering some basic information on you before anything happens." I tell him as we wonder through the trees. I have no destination in mind, I'm just walking.

"Okay,"

"Name?"

"Ash,"

"Cute, no last name now that mommy and daddy are dead now, right?" I said with a laugh. Ash stayed silent.

"Tough crowd, moving on, what's your weapon of choice?"

"I don't know, I've only ever used your basic steak knife and my intention with it wasn't to harm anyone."

"So, before anything else happens we need to get you fitted with a weapon."

I turn and start walking in the opposite direction. I don't live far, just about a mile and a half away from here. Excellent exercise, we need to get to my basement and look a weapons. Ash needs to understand who he's dealing with now that he's made his decision. The breeze feels great on my sweat covered back. I peel my shirt off and hang it over my shoulder.

The weather is entirely too hot, I'm fascinated by Ash. In this heat he's wearing all black and one of the articles of clothing is a sweatshirt. How's he still living? Idiot, I get he wasn't expecting me but still dress according to the weather.

"Can I ask you a few things?" Ash askes, finally breaking the silence between us.

"If you must." Shadows of birds soaring through the sky, glide over the leaves and grass. Nature is breathtaking and so are my weapons.

"What's your name?"

"You mean you haven't heard of me, Ash I'm wounded." I say with a fake pout.

"Your hilarious," he says sarcastically, "what's your name?"

"Everett and there's no need to be mean. I've never done anything to you." I turn and glance at him, he gives me a blank stare. Either he doesn't get it or is just done with my fabulous personality.

"What's your weapon of choice?"

"I get it now, you're copying me. An ax but sadly I think I have to get a new one, I just can't get my lovely ax back to it's full killing potential since my last kill." I say seriously, I pull out my phone and glance at the time.

3:30

***

In the basement he stares with wide eyes at my large quantity of weapons. His hand glides over each one, as if he was comparing the feel of each. I could tell he was drawn to the knives, he looked at all the weapons but his eyes always went back to the knives. My ax is among them, he picks up the dull thing and admires the dried blood.

I shiver, wishing I had brought a sweatshirt down. The knives glint in the light as Ash picks up each one, slicing them through the air. He finally picks on, it's not a well used but it definitely gets the job done. Ash holds it as though it was made for him, this is going to be fun.

Let the game begin.