❥ Chapter Thirty-five ❥

Written by Deadlydisasters

Everett's POV

I was trying to figure out a way to get us out of here when I heard the sound that broke my heart.

Ash

He was screaming, my heart is racing now and I'm rubbing my wrists raw. That demon, he's gone and is harming the one person alive that I love. Each movement I make brings a new wave of pain. I try to call out, to get my father's attention away from Ash but I can't.

I've lost my voice, all the yelling from being whipped and burned have caused me to lose my voice. Halfway through whipping me with that devil of a belt, father decided he needed a cigarette. He reached over to his try of torture devices while still whipping me and swiftly pulled a cigarette out of a box.

I could hardly see anything while he was doing this because my eyes were so full of tears. Yet, I was still able to see as he pulled a small lighter out of his pocket and lit the cigarette in his mouth. He did all of this with ease like he wasn't whipping me with his other hand. Then he alternated whipping my with the belt and burning me with his cigarette, I've never felt more like a child. Especially since, he was dressed very similarly to how he dressed when I was young.

I pull and pull against the ropes binding me to this chair, my wrists are bleeding now too. I think I've opened up many of the new wounds I've been given while I was struggling. I sag, giving up. I cry silently as I listen to each yell ripped from Ash. I have no idea what my father is doing to him but I hope he stops soon.

If I get out of this situation alive, I swear I will make my father feel the same pain he's given to me and Ash before I end his worthless life.

Ash, I silently call out. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have chosen this house. I should have done more to help protect you. I thought that since we were killers we could get through anything without a problem, that no one would catch us. I was wrong and now you're paying the price.