❥ Chapter Eighteen ❥

Written by Deadlydisasters

Head detective pov:

Found him. I'm just doing my shopping for the week and he shows up. I hurry up and get my items paid for and wait for him. I wait outside and smoke a cigarette so it doesn't seem so strange that I'm just standing outside. I just finished my cigarette when he finally leaves the store. My stupid son, you should really pay attention to your surroundings.

Everett isn't alone, so he finally made some friends or a friend. The boy he's with looks about eighteen. His hair is very messy, he's dressed in the same color of his hair. From his leather jacket which matches Everett's to his black converse. If I didn't know any better I'd think they were dating, maybe they are. I haven't seen or heard about him since the night before I killed his mother.

I walk out to my car which is only a few spaces away from the old impala they drive. They are just getting in the car when I put my groceries in the back of mine. I hurry so I can follow them, I need to plant a trail. I need to frame them if I want to keep my job.

***

They must have noticed they were being followed, they just keep driving. Taking random turns and U-turns. It's been about an hour now, I should probably just go home. The frozen things I bought probably spoiled already. I have to catch them though, I'll pretend I am deciding it's not worth it. I keep them in line of sight even though I'm many cars behind them. They drive around for another hour before they decided to actually go home, those idiots.

They take me to a beautiful house in the woods, not something I was expecting from Everett. I couldn't find his job, how can he possibly afford something like this. I park my car down the shabby street and just watch them, the one boy stands right next to Evertt. Everett, the door opens and they both walk in with their groceries in hand. I've got you now Everett.