❥ Chapter Six ❥

Written by DeadlyDisasters

Everett's POV

I spent the morning shopping for clothes with Ash. I obviously used credit cards that I'm not saying where I got them. Ash got irritated with me because every time we bought something I had to stop to reorganize my credit cards.

Ash is currently up in his room putting away his new clothes, he better be grateful I'm so kind and willing to share my money.
Tonight I've planned another murder, I'm going to teach Ash to shoot a gun. I've decided that I'll teach Ash simple stuff first then move into the more complicated stuff.

"Hey Ash!" I yell from my seat on the couch.

The news is talking about all the recent kills lately, my kills. They haven't gotten to last night's kill but they have gotten to Ash's parents.

"The couple was found dead only a few yards from their house. They were both shot, the women was shot from behind while her husband was shot from the front. Their twenty year old son was missing from the home. Investigators have no leads....." The news anchors spoke, I'm extremely proud of my work even though they have no idea it was me.

"Everett!" Ash yelled at me from behind, I jumped and placed and hand on my heart. It's racing, he's definitely going to be an excellent killer.

"Why did you yell?"

"I've been trying to get your attention for two minutes."

"Right, I was just going to tell you I've planned your first lesson. You're going to be working with a gun." I told him as I turned around to continue watching the news.

He didn't say anything but walked around the couch and sat down. He was staring at the TV screen with a real smile, it was a little creepy.

"They deserved it. Karma will always come back to bite you in the ass. Thank you for killing them." He told me but it was like he wasn't really paying attention to anything but the TV.

I gazed back at the screen, the young blonde speaking was talking about who the investigators had as their top suspect. Ash was the first because he was missing from the house, people were calling him guilty. He's still smiling, his black fringe hid his green eyes from sight.

He was leaning back on the soft black couch, he looked so young and at peace. It made me think once again about the mysterious horrible childhood he must of had. I reached out and shook his shoulder, he looks over at me.

"Come on, we've got to go pick out a gun for you."

His face lights up, he looks like a child on Christmas eve. I chuckle and shake my head. We go down to the basement and he examines my wall of guns, each cleaned until they shine in the light. He picks up the small pistol I held against his head when we met.

"I want to use this one," he tells me, I never knew someone so curious.

"Alright, I keep my guns loaded so be careful. If you walk to that wall, " I point at the far wall of the basement, "you'll see it opens into a hall. In that hall is a bunch of targets. Practice on them."

He nods and does exactly what I say, in a moment I hear a loud bang that will make Ash's ears ring. I laugh and wait for the next bang that's sure to follow. Goosebumps form on my arms and I shiver with anticipation for tonight's kill. Tonight is the night Ash will kill as my student, I will make sure investigators know who was there with my signature. Ten minutes go by and Ash finally finished, I'm not sure why it took him so long considering he didn't have that many bullets but whatever.

"Do you feel the power flowing through your veins? Do you feel like you call all the shots when you're holding the gun? Can you smell the blood of your victims, your kills, your words? Words that aren't actually words but they still have the same power and impact. Tonight is the night you will show the world that beginning power, you will use my signature but it'll be your kill." I tell Ash in a strong, powerful voice.

Ash needs to know what power he's wielding and how he and I are the ones who'll be calling the shots from behind the scenes. He's shaking, he understands. He can feel it, the blood and flesh of the dead, the cold metal of his gun. He can hear the fall and their screams fill his ears. I smirk in the dim light, poor guy. He's looking very pale but his lesson isn't over, in fact it's just getting started.

I creep closer to him and whisper, "Don't let your guard down, anything can happen on a job."
I take the gun from his hands and load in a single bullet. Before he figures out what's happening I fire right next to his head. The bullet gets stuck in the special wall material I had put in only a centimeter from Ash's head.

No, I won't kill him but he needs to know that even though I've taken him under my wing, I can end him any moment. I know the smirk on my face combined with the dim lighting makes me look evil, like a real killer. Ash's face is serious but his hands are shaking, he's nervous.

"I refuse to let you down, I won't let you down." He whispers to me harshly as I creep around him slowly.

"You better not, you better kill. It doesn't matter to me how fast or slow, as long as no evidence is left and the person is dead everything will be fine." I whisper in his ear. I trail my hand down his back and walk away, back upstairs. I place the pistol on the table and take a seat in the living room once again.

I pull out my phone and begin planning who Ash will kill and a surprise for him, that will only be given to him if he can complete his test tonight.

Don't worry you'll live, for now