❥ Chapter Five ❥

Written by DeadlyDisasters

Everett's POV

It's dark, clouds have covered the moon and stars. Ash borrowed a more colorful shirt from me to help make him look more friendly. Personally I don't think it helps but who knows maybe it will. We're walking up the cracked driveway to the door and Ash seems as calm as if he was just going over to a friend's house, what a weird guy.

He knocks on her door and she opens it, she's all dressed up and full of life.
Her long hair is pulled into a high ponytail and it just reaches her waist. She's dressed in a short baby blue dress with a black heart pattern on the skirt.

"May I help you?" She asks confused, she was expecting someone else.

"Yeah, our car broke down, he doesn't own a cell phone, and mine died. Can we borrow your phone to call someone to help us?" Ash asked, wait, why did he say I didn't have a phone? Jerk, I so have a phone. Who doesn't have a phone?

Ash is smiling at her, his appearance changes. He looks healthier, he doesn't look as tired. I can tell his smile is forced, I've spent my life being able to read people. She smiles back at him and opens the door for us. We enter, her house is extremely clean. Not a speck of dust anywhere, what a clean freak. The white tiled floor shines and the white walls don't have any hand prints on them.

"Come on, my phone is charging and I don't want to unplug it yet, if that's okay." She tells Ash in a polite voice but, she's clearly not asking she's telling him.

"That's fine, it's your phone not mine." Ash tells her.

We walk in silence, her heels clicking on the floor. Her door creaks and I can see her cringe. We entire her bedroom but it doesn't even look like anyone sleeps there. The walls are lilac, the bed sheets are so neat there's not a single wrinkle. Her nightstand has a lamp and her charging phone on it. She leans down to unlock it, I lean against the door frame and crossed my arms.

Ash moved subtly, if I hadn't been watching him I wouldn't have noticed. The girl is now sliding away a bunch of notifications, she's looking for something.

"Here you go." She says as she finishes and holds out the phone.

"Thank you so much." Ash says, that's when he strikes. He swiped his arm out and a large, deep cut goes from ear to ear. She looks horrified, she tries to speak but falls and bleeds out.

I can't believe it, the shy looking teen actually killed her. He didn't say a word as she bleed out. The blood pool began to grow and creep closer to his shoes. Ash turns and walks toward me with a real smile. I just nod and we walk out of the house together, making sure not to touch anything with our bare hands.

"Now that I'm training you, I'm going to ask random questions at random times. " I tell him completely serious as we get into my black Chevy impala.

"Okay." Is his only response, I'm insulted. I so graciously allowed him to me my apprentice sort of and he doesn't even say thank you. How dare he?

"Hmm....."

"What?" He asks obviously confused.

"Nothing, how old are you?" I ask.

"Twenty, how old are you?" I was not expecting that. He looks like he should be eighteen.

"I'm twenty-two, how did it feel when you killed her?"

"It felt amazing, such a rush. I loved it, it must be like what a drug addict feels when they get high on their drugs. I want to feel it again." He said honestly.

"Fantastic, now do have a place to stay? Don't answer that because it doesn't matter, yay, you're going to be living with me." I cheer, Ash just laughs at me.

"That's great, Everett. Are you going to buy me new clothes too?" He laughs.

"No, that's too much."

"No, seriously you have too. I don't have any clothes and the cops are crawling around my parents place since you killed them. I also don't have any money or any credit cards so..."

I sigh, I guess I will buy him some clothes. He's going to need them, I'm also going to need to get this guy a day job. This is going to be an interesting experience.

***
At the house I lead Ash up to the second floor, I showed him to the guest room across from mine. It's no longer the guest room though, it's Ash's room.

"We'll go get you some clothes tomorrow." I tell him, he just nods and moves his hair out of his eyes.

I go back downstairs because I'm hungry, the kitchen is almost spotless if not for a few dishes in the sink from lunch. I open the fridge door and groan, I don't really feel like actually making something. I close the door and turn in circles thinking. That's right, I recently bought microwave popcorn, I can eat that and plan on how to train Ash.

I really can't believe he's only two years younger then me, I think he's going to be great. What's really bothering me is why was he is so calm about the death of his parents? He laughed about it with me earlier, children don't normally do that when their loving parents had just been killed.

Yet, thinking about how that man begged for his worthless life, even promising that he'd keep quiet about his wife's death. Maybe Ash didn't have such a great childhood. What did his parents do to him to make him like this?

I pull the microwave door open and pull out my mouth watering popcorn. I pour it into a glass bowl and dump some white cheddar popcorn salt on it, delicious.

"Is there any popcorn left?" I jump, and a little popcorn falls out of the bowl.

"My popcorn!" I yell, I place my bowl down and scramble to pick up the fallen popcorn. I hold out my hands to Ash and tell him,

"You can eat the little left in the bag and you can eat these too, since you were the reason they fell on the floor."

"Sorry,"

"No you're not." I say as I take my popcorn and head for the living room to watch some TV, maybe hear what the news has to say about me.

"You are absolutely correct, I'm not sorry." He yells from the kitchen, why did I agree to this again? Oh right I was going to kill him, I should of just done it when I had the chance. The little jerk, causing me to spill some popcorn, I sat brooding in my living room.

Watch out, things can go wrong any second.