❥ Chapter Forty-two ❥

Written by DeadlyDisasters

Ash's pov

"I mean, yeah, sure. My body is fantastic looking but he doesn't just love me for my body." I say laughing through the pain, trying to distract myself.

He stands up straight, breathing heavy from his rampage.
"Let's try something else."

I have no idea what that means, is he going to get more tools to beat me up with? "As I've said earlier, you've been tortured before." He begins.

I can feel a little panic rise up from below all the pain, but I force myself to try and calm down. "Yeah, so?"

"Who was it? Who made you beg for mercy?" He asked with a very smug look, like he was the one who beat me as a child. I don't see why it matters if I was beaten before but with the way he's acting it seems very important.

"And why should I tell you?" I demand, he doesn't need to know my past. It's of no importance to him, especially since he might just kill me. I might die of blood-loss if he continues everything he's doing.

"I need something to convince Everett that you hate him." He says, laughing at the end. He wants to break Everett and somehow he knows that he can't do that without evidence that it's actually me saying that I hate him. I get so lost in thought that I didn't notice that he had picked the wrench back up. He slammed it into the side of my mouth, I tried to bite my tongue to keep quiet but this time it hurt more. I leaned over as far as I could and spit. Blood covered the floor around the area I had spit and right in the middle of all of it sat a two teeth. One was definitely a whole tooth but the other was only half of one.

Everett's father looks at the pile with fake worry. "Oh no, you've lost some teeth. Maybe we should stop," he looks up and my face and his own morphs into one of pure joy. Like a little kid on Christmas morning seeing all the presents under the tree, I obviously wouldn't know that feeling though. "I'm just messing with you, there's no way we're stopping now."

I can feel the empty space with my tongue. I wince when my tongue touches both the empty space and the other half of the broken tooth. My mouth is slowly filing with blood, I lean over and spit right on top of the previous spot.

"Are you going to tell me who abused you as a child? It's obvious with the way you pretend to have strength. You are nothing! Why does Everett care about you!" He demands from me, I just look up at him with my bruised face and bare my blood cover teeth at him.

"How cute, you're jealous that Everett like me better. That's not my fault, you just have a horrible personality." I spit the blood that was welling up in my mouth out at him, it lands on his already blood covered hands and shirt. He punches me right in the eye with the same fist that I just spit on. I cry out, my eye throbs in pain. I can't even open my eye it hurts so bad, tears run down my face in slow streams. I can't think about anything else except the horrible pain that seems to be getting worse with every second. My eye is definitely going to be black by the end of the day.

"Who abused you Ash?" He yells at me. I can't even think about guarding my past from him with this pain in my eye. My parents come to mind and I think it even makes the pain worse.

"My parents, for years I was abused and only when Everett killed them was I finally free. They have traumatized me so badly that I need Everett to help me get through the nights, I know they are dead but I still feel like they are there in the dark waiting for me to slip up." It all comes tumbling out and I have no way to stop it. I'm crying like a little child at this point, the pain of all my injuries and from remembering my parents is becoming too much. I need Everett to be here, to comfort me, to help me know that I'm not alone but I have no idea where he is. I feel so alone, like my parents have just finished beating me and have shoved me back in the closet to suffer alone.

"So that's why he cares about you, you have both had painful childhoods and he became your knight in shining armor." The monster with Everett's eyes contemplates. "Why do you need him to get through the night?"

I struggle against the ropes that bound me to this metal chair, he picks a scalpel up and runs it over the back of my hand. I cry out and don't even think about withholding information anymore, I just want him to stop and for Everett to be here to make it all go away.

"When I'm in any pitch black room I start to freak out. I feel like a child in my small closet, I was all alone with my parents pacing the floor outside the room. When I'm in the dark I feel like that, like I can never get away but Everett helps me. With him I know they can't get me because he's the one that killed them. I know that he genuinely cares about me and would never hurt me unlike them, unlike you." I hang my head , letting everything drip off my face and onto my dirty pants. Blood, tears, and anything else that's on my face.

"You're doing great Ash, keep going I need to know more. Did you ever go on a date, kiss, kill together?" I can't see him but I can hear how crazed he's becoming, he's so delighted that I'm telling him all this. I can't control my mouth, I wish I could stop but I can't. He's going to use this against Everett and I can't stop talking. I just wish it was all over, that if this demon was going to kill me that he would do it now. I don't want to feel any of this pain anymore.

"We killed together most of the time, but there was a few incidents when we went and killed separately. Once we even made it into a game. We have gone on a date before and a few days ago we went to the beach and I kissed him." He yanks my hair hard and fast causing me to cry out and raise my head. He punches me right in my black eye and I can't tell if he hit me harder than before or if it was just because my eye is already very sore.

"You are disgusting, dating my son and kissing him. By the time I'm done with both you and Everett, you will be six feet under and he will be so heart broken that he'll never want to date another person, especially a guy again."