*17*

Liam is still asleep, rested back on the pillows and mouth wide open. He looks perfect really, and Zayn hates the tight instead of warm feeling in his chest because of it. That is why he doesn't like feeling for somebody, because he hates when the feelings turn sour.

He traces the edges of Liam's face with a gentle finger, dragging over his scruff and smoothing across his cheeks. Liam's nose wrinkles when he slides his fingers across his bottom lip before tracing up the bridge of his nose. He doesn't know why he has the urge to touch him so much, but it comforts the heavy feeling in his chest a bit.

"Baby, wake up," Zayn murmurs quietly. He rests his palm against Liam's cheek, turning his head towards him slightly but Liam doesn't wake, only scrunches his face and slaps his lips closed.

He has been restless all night, trying to make sense of what Liam had said about the panties. He has been in his room plenty, could have stumbled upon them at one point. But he feels as if Liam would have mentioned them, teased him about it or whispered for him to put them on when they rolled across the sheets.

And it doesn't help that in love with your laugh rings in his head, in sync with the words Wolfie had typed out to him the last time he had watched one of Zayn's shows. And the nickname, Wolfie -

"Liam," Zayn says, this time a bit louder. Liam has to be up soon anyway, for his shift at the garage, and Zayn isn't sure he can go the whole day without talking about it. He has wondered before what he would do if someone found out, someone close to him, but he never actually came up with a plan because the mere thought of it made him panicky.

"Hm," Liam hums. He curls onto his side towards him, reaching out to cup his hip while still half asleep. He has been snoring all night, loudly due to the alcohol and it had drove Zayn crazy, making it hard to focus on his thoughts enough to make sense of them.

"Wake up," Zayn whispers, scratching his fingers through Liam's hair. "Wanna talk to you."

Liam stays quiet for a moment before one of his eyes peek open, eyebrows scrunching together. He pouts a few times, wrinkling his nose like he is trying to get rid of the sleep that tries to tug him under again.

"Does this talking involve kissing," he mumbles, lips quirking up tiredly. It is frustratingly adorable, and Zayn hates the way his heart feels like it is being pinched because of it. But he ducks his head forward anyway, grazing his lips over Liam's before pulling away.

"Okay, now wake up."

Liam yawns, letting go of him to stretch across the sheets. Taking forever, really, before he finally pulls his eyes open and curls back around Zayn, a sleepy smile on his face that Zayn can't return.

"What is it, baby?"

Zayn sighs, sinking down the mattress to be face level with Liam. He isn't sure how to say it, even though his mind has been wracking with ways to bring it into conversation. "Um, you mentioned that - you mentioned that um?"

Liam's brows furrow as concern takes over his face, that smile fading away. He smoothes his hand to Zayn's back, rubbing at the tension there. "What did I say?"

Zayn nibbles at his bottom lip, shrugging. A habit he does whenever he gets too nervous to talk. "Why does Niall call you Wolfie?"

Liam frowns even more but Zayn swears there is a panic in his eyes. He can't be sure, if he is just looking for it and that is why he sees it, or if it is genuine. "'Cause I'm from Wolver-Hampton. What is this about?"

Zayn nods, gulping thickly because the tears are starting to choke him. He hates crying, despises it but he is exhausted and starting to panic and his ability to control them has seemed to disappear. "You were born in 1993? 93?"