*12*

Liam is nervous.

It is laughable really, that he is intimidated by an eleven year old girl who sits quietly on the edge of the couch, legs tucked underneath her as she watches the telly. She laughs here and here, nose wrinkling and eyes squinting just like Zayn's do.

"Like your soup?" Liam asks, trying to make conversation. He nudges his head towards the bowl she holds in her hands. She flushes, looking at him through the flutter of her eyelashes as if she is just as intimidated by him.

"Yes, thank you," she says quietly.

"Zayn made it," Liam tells her, coughing the words out because this conversation is going horrible.

She wrinkles her nose, but not around a laugh but with a look of disbelief on her face. "Zayn can't cook."

Liam huffs out a laugh, shrugging. He had said as much when he had been standing over the stove, grimacing as he added random things to the soup. It had been adorable the way he uttered it shyly and flushed after Liam smacked a kiss to the corner of his lips because he couldn't help it.

"You're only sayin' it was him 'cause you're his boyfriend."

Liam jerks, brows raising high into his hairline. Had Zayn told her that? Would he seem eager if he asked? He thought Zayn wanted to keep this a secret -

"Er - no."

Safaa's face crumples even more as she nods. "Harry told me."

Liam looks at her in confusion, mind racing with wonder of what Zayn has told Harry. "Oh um, well, it isn't true -"

Safaa shrugs, going back to her soup. "You're nice, so it is okay."

Liam is thankful for the door opening then, as he finds himself lost for words and unsure about how to convince Safaa that they aren't dating. Zayn had seemed nervous about his mother knowing, and they aren't - that is the truth, but Liam thinks he wants to.

He knows he wants to date him, but he tells that part of his brain to be quiet because he always falls too fast and always makes it obvious. He doesn't want to scare Zayn away the way he did with Dani.

Dani, who liked the soft idle touches, and the way Liam doted over her, but never liked the feelings that came with it.

"Oi," Niall greets, shoving through the door. He freezes, brows raising as he points to Safaa. "Who's this?"

"Safaa," she says for herself, frowning at him.

"Zayn's sister."

Niall looks amused when he comes over to her, holding out his hand. "Nice to meet you, miss. M'Niall Horan."

Safaa balances the soup between her thighs as she shakes his hand, giggling softly when Niall pretends to bow.

"How was last night?" Liam asks quietly.

Niall grins. "Good, real good." He glances at Safaa quickly before mouthing we shagged. "In his car."

Liam chokes out a laugh, rolling his eyes. "Well, um good. Happy for you mate."

Niall eases the tension as he settles in the chair and watches Safaa's show with them. He makes her laugh, and Liam understands why Zayn is so fond of her every time her high pitched giggle fills the room.

"Want to watch the next one? I'm sure Zayn has it somewhere."

Safaa shakes her head, placing the bowl on the table in front of the couch. "M'tired."