*4*

This is what Zayn likes about going out. The dim lights, the music pounding in his ears, the mix of perfumes, colognes and sweat filling his nose from the people around him. The unfamiliar hands dragging up his belly and a hard body pressed against his own.

He likes flings more so than anything else, one nighters that don't lead to a call back in the morning because he doesn't want anyone to stay too long and see how the shy and awkward Zayn always falls into.

He likes lips grazing against his skin, leaving marks that stay for a few days because he likes feeling like he belongs to someone as long as the feeling fades away after those few days too. He likes the rough press of fingertips and a cock grinding against his bum with a desperate plea in his ear for them to take this somewhere else.

Liam is none of those things, and it makes his heart thud faster than the fast beat they work their hips to, because Zayn is quite sure he likes that even more. Normally he has no problem approaching other men for a dance or more, and he doesn't want to focus on why Liam feels so different.

Liam's lips hover over his skin, never pressing down but moving as if he is whispering the lyrics. His fingers aren't rough but gentle, massaging up his belly and slipping against his hips, never pressing in too hard and maneuvering easily when Zayn guides them to where he wants.

He can feel the thick of Liam's length when the beat slows, his hips rocking back against Liam's in the opposite direction. It makes his own cock ache and he craves to guide Liam's hand to between his legs, but Liam isn't pressing Zayn to take it somewhere else, even though he has been hard for three songs, at least. He wants Liam to make the first move, too nervous to do it himself.

Liam's lips press a bit closer to Zayn's neck, vibrating against his skin before he pulls them away completely. Zayn links their fingers on his belly, resting his head back against Liam's shoulder in fear of Liam pulling away.

His cock fucking pulses, aches under his briefs and he shivers when he slips Liam's hand lower, hovering over the waistband that peeks out from the top of his jeans out of instinct. He grips his teeth at his bottom lip, turning around before he is unable to resist the temptation to have Liam touch him.

Because as much as he wants to take Liam out of here, he doesn't. He doesn't want Liam to regret it afterwards or fall back into that tense, awkward Liam from earlier because Zayn still can't figure out why Liam approached him for a dance - even after what he said about seeing him around campus.

(Which keeps wracking through Zayn's mind, because it seems wild to him that the both of them have fancied the other from afar and they are just now meeting. Harry was right, he will have to thank Niall later.)

Liam's eyes are dark, lip trapped between his teeth as he cups a hand around the back of Zayn's neck. It warms arousal down his spine, his grip tightening on Liam's denim shirt as he pulls him closer, so their chests stitch together.

A spark ignites between them, and Zayn knows it is probably the twitch of his cock that makes the crowd fade from his vision, his attention focused on the way Liam licks his lips and his own craving to taste them too. He arches his head forward, lips hovering over Liam's like a tease, but really he is battling with himself to pull away or to press closer.

It is amazing to him how he can be so shy when he has to talk to someone, but like this he has confidence. He knows he is beautiful, and he knows he is good at making people feel good, but with Liam, his confidence doesn't feel as genuine, and he wants to hold onto the mask as long as he can -

"Zayn!"

Zayn rips away from Liam when Harry's voice fills his ear and a hard hand comes clapping onto his shoulder. Liam keeps a hold on him, hands steady at his hips but he stops dancing as he too looks at Harry.

Harry is drunk, eyes practically closed and his face redder than how his boyfriend's gets. An amused grin covers his lips, pushing into his cheekbones and he relaxes all of his weight into Zayn's side.

"Can we go home? Wanna shag my -" Harry snickers at himself, sliding an arm around Zayn's shoulders. "Wanna shag my boyfriend."

+*

Liam wishes he had drank more, instead of spending so much time wrapped around Zayn because it has only made his thoughts more nervous as they stumble inside behind the other boys. Harry is wrapped around Niall's back, attempting to be quiet but Liam can hear every dirty thing that rolls off his tongue. Louis makes disgusted noises, gagged sounds and wretching, which makes Zayn do that stupid giggle thing that makes his nose wrinkle.

It drives Liam a bit mad, making his fingers dig into his skin where he still hold his hips, pulling him flush to his chest. Arousal surges through him, feeling hard to control as he wraps around Zayn. He chuckles lightly to ease the tension through him, dragging his smile against Zayn's jaw.

Zayn hums, turning around in his arms as their roommate's voices fade as they make their way to the hallway. They have fallen far behind, still in the living room with Zayn's fingers tugging at Liam's shirt as he walks them back towards the wall.

Liam lets him go when he plasters him against the wall and leans his forearms on it, encasing Zayn's head between them. He watches the other man lick his lips again and at this point, Liam isn't sure if it is a habit anymore or something done on purpose to tease.

"Liam," Zayn murmurs softly, tickling his fingers around to his lower back. He is beautiful, really, those dark eyes looking up at him through the thick of his eyelashes. His hair has fallen in in front of his forehead, reminding Liam of a younger Bradford - just starting out his show. His hair had been all black, until a few months after the show started and he appeared with blond streaked in the front. It is strange hearing him say his name instead of Wolfie, but Liam wants to make him say it over and over, whispered and breathless, or high pitched and bouncing off of the walls.

"Hm?" Liam mutters, tensing some when he hears a door open in the hallway. He doesn't care too much if his roommates walk in on them, he just desperately wants to press his lips to Zayn's finally, even if he will never live it down with Louis and Niall, who are relentless when it comes to teasing Liam about his relationships, or his one offs.

Zayn pushes forward, off of the wall with his hands firm on Liam's back to keep him from stumbling. He drags his quirked up lips against Liam's cheek, tickling against his skin before Liam can feel his warm breath at his ear.

"Thank you for the dance, babe."