*7*

Liam crosses his arms over his face, wishing the music in his ear could drown out the sounds from the other side of the wall. It won't, and he made sure the music was low enough so he could hear because clearly he loves the torture of it all.

He wants badly to pull out his laptop from where it is hidden in his desk and see what Zayn is doing to make him make those noises, but he resists, even if it feels like he might break because of it.

Zayn knows he is here, he reminds himself even though it only makes it worse. Right before Zayn had disappeared into his room, Liam had told him how he was headed to bed as well. He doesn't know if Zayn is unable to be quiet or if he thinks he is, but Liam can hear every moan through their thin wall.

Maybe he gets off on it, or maybe he told the viewers that his awkward and desperate roommate is on the other side of the wall. Liam is getting off on it, his cock throbs underneath his briefs and his hips keep grinding up against the material, out of his control and as if that is enough friction to get him off. It isn't, but Liam refuses to wrap a hand around himself.

"Fuck," Liam groans as he hears Zayn let out a high pitched moan, choked sounding like he does as he orgasms. Liam wonders if he noticed Wolfie93 wasn't logged on, if it hurt his feelings because he doesn't want to he just -

It is wrong. He wants to get to know Zayn and has always wanted to get to know Bradford, and doesn't want to ruin it if he gets the chance to.

Liam rolls out of bed, reaching for his leather jacket hanging on the back of his desk chair and the pack of cigarettes on his desk before he pads out of his bedroom, making sure to be quiet so Zayn isn't aware of him being awake and agitated.

He doesn't like smoking in his room, or inside anywhere really. It keeps him from smoking too much, and it gives him an excuse to walk around when he gets restless at night. The air is cool against his too warm skin, making him shiver slightly and probably waking him up when he should just try to go to sleep. Especially since it is nearing two and he has to wake up early to open the garage.

The front door to their apartment building opens before Liam can bring the flame to his cigarette. Zayn gives him a sheepish look as he closes the door, his face flushed and hair sweaty and what the fuck.

"Lost my lighter," Zayn mutters, his lips quirking up. He has on a pair of loose black joggers and a Nike hoodie zipped up to his chin. He looks soft, cuddly even with how heavy his eyes look and the lazy grin on his lips. "Mind?"

Liam hands it to him, gulping down thickly as Zayn comes closer. He has imagined Bradford before, after he has closed out of the show, curled up against his chest and a tired look on his face. Liam likes to cuddle after a shag, and the way Zayn looks right now makes him fully aware of how hard it would be to not wrap his arms around Zayn afterwards.

"Sorry if I'm bothering you," Zayn murmurs, handing it back to him. He grimaces slightly, shifting on his feet. "If you er - wanted to be alone."

"No," Liam says, fiddling with the cigarette instead of lighting it like he had wanted to a moment ago. Zayn doesn't seem like the type to get off loudly and then come confront Liam about it, but Liam is having a hard time reading what kind of person Zayn is at all. He seems so confident, yet so nervous, fluctuating back and forth so quickly that Liam isn't sure what to make of it. "I like to smoke outside."

Zayn keeps his eyes on him as he lights up, tilting to his head to the side. "Even when it is cold?"

Liam shrugs, a grin tugging at his lips. "I've got me coat."

Zayn huffs out a laugh, dragging a hand through his hair and messing it up more than it already is. "I've noticed. Any reason for always wearing it?"