Chapter 8 Stalker

Julia went to work early the next day more so to avoid him and do her work early. When she got in she groaned inwardly. “You’re early,” he said. She nodded and took a seat before going through some files. The morning was silent and she could tell that it was tense. At around 10am he finally turned to her and spoke. “About yesterday, he said. She smiled and looked up. “What?” she asked. “Nothing,” he replied and turned away. The day passed on uneventful until around lunch. “Hey do you mind if I take the evening off,” she asked him. He raised his eyebrows but shook his head. “Thanks,” she replied.

            After lunch she raced off to the doctor. The past few days had been terrible so to speak; she had gotten a Urinary Tract infection and hoped that the doctor could do something. She had gotten them before but this one seemed different. She did not know if her boss noticed but she had been sprinting to get to the bathroom at work and it was seriously bothering her. After getting some pills she sighed and stepped out of the doctor’s office. Her eyes roved around looking for a taxi until she spotted a familiar car. “It couldn’t be,” she thought. As soon as she stepped away from the office it sped away.

            By the time she got home the car incident was gone and she took a tablet first thing. After she flopped on her bed and gazed at the ceiling. Never in her dreams had she imagined that her work would end up like this. She closed her eyes and then thought about how her life had been changed drastically. She had been so involved in her work that she never noticed that Gabriel brought in any girlfriends to his office. “Maybe Erin was wrong, maybe he is different?” she thought. About 9pm she got a call from her boss. “Hello,” she answered on the second ring. “Hey, Julia, is everything all right?’ he asked. Her throat became dry. “Why would you ask that?” she asked. There was silence on the other end of the line and then he spoke. “I don’t know but you did take half a day off so I assumed something was wrong,” he finished. “Everything’s fine,’ she replied. “Then I’ll see you tomorrow,” he said before saying goodbye. She put down her phone and her thoughts ran to the car that she had seen. “Had he really followed her?” she asked herself. A shiver crept down her spine as she thought about it.

*******************************************************************************************

Did he really? What say you?

*******************************************************************************************

tash