Chapter 2 Lunch

After she had gotten the job Julia had called her friend Erin and they had gone out to celebrate. Erin was happy for her, happy until she told her where she would be working. “So where are you working now?” Erin asked. Julia smiled and spoke. I can’t even believe it but you know that big building, the glass one.” Erin’s eyes had shot wide open. “Santiago Industries?” she asked and Julia had nodded. “Julie honey,” Erin had said and hit her forehead. “What?” Julia cried. “Gosh please tell me that your boss is not going to be Gabriel Santiago?” she asked. Julia gulped but nodded. “No!” Erin cried. “What what’s wrong?” she asked. “Julie, I thought you knew about him, he’s like a major player,” she said. Julia wanted to cry. “Well what if he is I can’t quit my job and maybe he’s not as bad as you say,” she said still remembering the pencil incident but trying to deny it. Erin shook her head and tried to convince her friend but in the end Julia would not agree with her.

            At 8am the next day Julia was already at work and getting familiar with her surroundings. “Morning Sarah,” a voice said as it passed by. She turned and saw Mr. Santiago coming her way. He stopped when he saw her and shook his head. “Why are you standing there?” he asked and she shook her head. “You’re coming with me,” he said and walked on. She followed behind afraid of what she had done. He stepped in his office and then turned around. “You,” he said and looked at her, “Will be with me here.” Her eyebrows furrowed and then she spoke. “But Mr. Santiago I’m an administrative assistant,” she said. He shook his head and sighed. “Yes I know but you see that position was filled before you came yesterday,” he said. Her mouth gaped open. “But don’t worry I made you my personal assistant,” he continued. She stared speechless at him until he turned and motioned to the new desk beside his own.

            “Sit I already have some work for you,” he said and then sat down. She followed his directions mechanically and did what he said. When it was lunchtime and he had left she flopped on his desk and quickly dialled Erin. “Erin,” she said. “What’s wrong Ju?” she asked. “Erin you won’t believe what he did?” she asked. “Do you want me to come and punch his lights out?” she asked. Julia smiled at the thought. “No, he made me his personal assistant.” She said. “Julia quit that job now…” “Uh hmm,” someone cleared their throat. Julia spun around and stared at Mr. Santiago. When she realized where she was she quickly slid off the table. “I’m sorry,” she apologized but he only raised his hand and smirked. Gosh she hated it when he did that.

            “Can I help you with anything?” she asked. He shook his head and plopped down on her seat. “Can you believe it I don’t have a lunch date,” he said. “Well you can order in,” she said. He smiled. “What if you come with me,” he asked. “No way,” she thought. “Actually I’m pretty busy so no lunch for me,” she said. His smile disappeared and he shook his head. “Have I been working you that hard?” he asked. “No, no, it’s... So you don’t want lunch?” he asked. She sighed and her stomach growled. “Ok let’s just go,” she said and grabbed her jacket. They ate at a restaurant that Julia felt was way too much even for lunch. Every time she looked up he was smirking. Gosh it infuriated her.

***************************************************************************************

Can you imagine it, gosh anyway please feel free to drop a comment, or vote, it really gives me support to go on and thanks a lot for reading…

****************************************************************************************

tash