Chapter 3 The Client

It was a week or two into her work when Julia truly began to understand what being a personal assistant meant. She did almost everything for him even picked out his suits. She was reading the papers one day when her eye fell on the classifieds. She turned page after page until she found it. Her eyes widened when she saw the exact same ad there for an administrative assistant. It bothered her throughout the day to ask him about it but she never did. That evening as she was leaving he passed by her and turned. I hope that you’ll be ready for this evening he said. Her eyes narrowed. “What?” she asked. “Don’t you remember the client Mr. Johnston?” he asked. I nodded. “Yes you have a meeting with him at 6pm,” she said. He nodded. “And you’re going with me,” he said. “What?” she almost yelled. “Personal assistant I’ll need you there,” he said and left.

            She could have screamed instead she left work in a hurry to find something suitable to wear. It was almost 6 when Julia grabbed her phone ready to call her boss and tell him she could not make it. She would have too if he did not knock on her door. She was silent until she thought heard his car drive off. A sigh escaped her lips and she drew back her curtains to see if he was really gone. A scream burst from her lips when his face loomed up. “Get out here damn it!” he cried. She peeled herself away and opened her door. “Why aren’t you ready?” he asked. She sighed. “I can’t go,” she said. “And why not?” he asked. “Julia you’re my personal assistant I need you,” he said. She sighed and groaned. “Ok but I’m not doing this again,” she said. He muttered something but she had already left to change.

            After donning a knee length deep blue dress and black heels. She clasped on some gold earrings and grabbed her purse. When she came outside he stared at her with a smile. “What?” she asked. “Are you sure you want to wear that?” he asked. “Why not?” she asked. He smirked but got up and she followed him out. “By the way how did you know where I lived?” she asked. He smiled and tuned to her. “I know things,” he said and drove off. He drove on until they pulled up at a building that was overflowing with techno music. “A club!” she cried. “I told you about your clothes,” he said. “I’m not going in,” she said. He slipped out his seatbelt and got out the car before coming to her side.

            Her door opened and he bent down. “You better come out, because if you don’t I’m going to bring those clients back here because my personal assistant can’t come out of the car,” he said. She glared at him and he stepped aside as she pushed her way out. Suddenly she felt overdressed. He took her arm and pulled her to the door. “What kind of client is this?’ she thought. The bouncer let them through when he saw Mr. Santiago. “Mr. Santiago?”She asked. He turned to her when they entered. “Call me Gabriel,” he said and pulled her through the crowd. They stopped in front of a bar and she sat down. Her eyes roved around the room. People were dancing, grinding and doing things her mind did not want to process. Again she asked herself what kind of client they had come to meet.

            He had left to find the client and when he came back she was shocked to say the least. He was tall and wore black jeans, black tee and a black leather jacket and his shoes and jacket had silver studs on them. Around his neck was a studded collar and on his ear was another stud. Goosebumps crept up her spine just looking at him. He smiled when he saw her and whispered something to Gabriel who smirked. He introduced their client whose name was Johnston but preferred Thorne. They talked for a while until Gabriel finally turned and told her to write a number down. She scribbled it down and turned back to them. They had a few drinks before Thorne decided to leave them. He shook Gabriel’s hand but when it came to Julia he wanted a hug. She was a bit creeped out at first afraid that his spikes would hurt her but got up. She hugged him and turned away only to have his hand land on her butt. He erupted in giggles and her face grew beet red. “She turned around and glared at him. “You did not just do that,” she said but he was already immersed in the crowd.

            She looked up to see Gabriel with a grim line on his face and she sat back down. He turned to her but before he could even buy her a drink she had one already. He stared at her wide eyed as she gulped one down and called for another. He ordered a beer and stared as she downed drink after drink. He began to feel sorry for her but then something tugged at his arm. He looked up and smiled when he saw Macy, a friend he had not seen in a while. She barely noticed when Macy dragged him off to the dance floor. They danced for a while and then came back. He cursed when he saw her, she was drunk.

*****************************************************************************************

Uhhh the frustration of something you can’t get out of anyway please tell me what you think.

****************************************************************************************

tash