Chapter 6 Getting even

When Julia reached for work the first thing she did was to walk in the car park and there before her eyes she saw her doom. He was already there. Her feet led her through the building and into his office. “Good morning Ms. Hastings,” he said. She replied and sank down into her seat. “I’ll have none of that today,” he said and handed her a list. She stared at it and then at him. Was he crazy?’ she asked herself. The list had things even she never did. She had never ever had to buy his lunch; he usually went out for it. She read the rest of the list and then sighed. “Well now be a good girl and help them out in the mailing room that’s your first task,” he said. She nodded and went off. Gosh she felt like punching that stupid smirk off his face.

            By lunchtime she was beginning to wonder how anyone in the mailing room could survive. There were packages to be wrapped, mails to be stamped, stamps to be stuck. She groaned and then as the bell rang for lunch sighed. Gabriel caught up to her before she could even make it out of the room and reminded her that she had to get him lunch. She nodded mechanically and left for the cafeteria. Lots of workers were milling around either eating or chatting, she smiled at a few and then smirked. “Hi what can I get you?” the woman at the counter asked. “Hello I would like to get two tacos with lots of spice and pepper and two orange juices and for me I would like a slice of lasagna with chicken at the side. The woman nodded and then she paid and left for his office. “Now we’ll see who gets even?” she thought as she set down the tacos and an orange juice in front of him. He thanked her and then sat back.

            A smiled crept across her face and she quickly unwrapped her lasagna and stuck a spoonful in her mouth. “I heard those tacos are the best,” she said as he began to lift it to his mouth. He stopped and then took a bite. Before he could get far though he gagged and spit back everything in a napkin. “Geez Julia what did you want to do kill me?” he asked. She pulled her eyebrows together in confusion and held in her laugh. “But they said it was the best,” she said. “Well,” he said, “Maybe they are but to be sure.” He took the other taco and gave it to her and pulled her box towards himself. “What are you doing?” she asked. “I’m having lunch and so will you after you have eaten that taco,” he said. Her eyes widened and she stared at him. “Go on help yourself to one of the best tacos.” She so wanted to kill him and she knew her look was probably showing it.

            She picked it up and took a bit. It was spicy, a little too spicy. She bit into in and moaned. “Umm,” she said. He looked at her with a cocked eyebrow. “It’s so good you don’t know what you’re missing out on,” she said. He looked at her as she ate out the whole thing and then excused herself. When she made it to the women’s bathroom she practically vomited out the contents. A snicker filled the room and when she glanced into the mirror there he was smirking, dumb idiot. She rinsed out her mouth and turned on her heels before passing him. He grabbed her wrist and looked at her. “I guess we’re even now right,” he said. She scoffed and pulled away her hand. “We’ll see.”

*******************************************************************************************

We will see I’m sure what do you think?

*******************************************************************************************

tash