At Her Boss's Mercy

At Her Boss’s Mercy

By: tash07

©Copyright 2013 all work presented is property of tash07, any duplication or reproduction of all or part of this work done by the author without explicit permission is severely prohibited and illegal.

Prologue

Julia sighed and looked at the newspapers one last time. If things went on like this she would go screaming. She sipped on her coffee and took a bite of her bagel before turning the page. For her it seemed since ages she had been out of college and she had not gotten a good job yet. She had went to interviews, sent résumés to about a million different companies and still she had had no luck. All she wanted was a position with a nice salary was that too much to ask for. She pushed away the paper and groaned. Soon if she did not find a job, she would have to give up her apartment and move back in with her parents. She had had jobs before but after her last boss fired her because the store was losing profits she had become jobless. Her eyes scanned the advertising columns one last time and then a gasp escaped her lips. Her hand pulled it closer and she read the words.

“Experienced Administrative assistant needed for prestigious company………………………………..

            That was all she saw before she grabbed the phone and dialled their number. When she was finished she smiled and sat back. Her appointment was the next day at 10am. Julia smiled and looked through her window maybe her luck was not so bad after all, of course she would have to ace the interview. She recalled her past interviews and sighed, after having gone through so many she thought she could practically recite her résumé to her interviewer. After finishing off her meal she got up and went to look for her clothes. She hoped, truly hoped that this interview would make her get a new job, For the sake of her apartment and her parents.

That’s it, a new story- romance, I’m not a writer of this genre but I decided to give it a go again. Please tell me what you think; this is my 2nd romance after ‘My Amish Bride.’

Comment

Vote

Please :p

It gives me courage to continue….

*****************************************************************************************

tash