25

I get to my room and quickly our things and grab Nola but there's a knock on my door.

Mommy are we going bye bye?

I don't bother correcting her this time I just set her on the bed telling her not to talk to the person at the door even if it's daddy.

Why mommy?

He's been bad. He's been very, very bad.

She holds her small bag of things and sits quietly as I answer to Nathen.

Hey. What do you want?

Marie I'm sorry. I didn't even see you in the hall until you were walking away. We need to...

I cut him of then as I open the door just enough for him to see Nola sitting on my bed.

As you can see my mates daughter is here and I'm doing my best to try to raise her. I'm having your baby and you're mated to me and Rose but you still want her. Oh yeah I heard it all Nathen. You think you can take a second mate and the first won't find out. That stuff leaves it's mark.

Marie... That's your mates child? She's adorable. What's your name sweetie?

Nola looks at me but I shake my head reminding her not to speak but her little wings flutter with anticipation of her daddy holding her for the first time.

She won't talk to you. She's never met her father and men are different to her. I'm the only one she knows. Don't come in here and play with her and let her get attached to you while you're planning on walking out on us to be with her!

His eyes sadden but Nola wings jut out and she stands up holding her things as she flies over to me.

Mommy? Do we go bye bye now?

In just a minute sweetie.

Will daddy tome wif us?

Nathen looks at me as I tear up but quickly blink the tears away. Then look at her and force a smile.

I'm sorry sweetie but daddy can't go with us. He's not...

That's when Nathen speaks up and pulled her out of my arms holding her for the first time.

Your daddy can't go but you'll be safe right here with your mommy and me. How old are you sweetie?

I take her from him but he looks at her wings then looks at me realizing that our wings are different.

She just turned 2 but she grows fast like I do and yes before you ask her wings are different. She was born with her wings. She got them from her parents. She's not my blood child but I'm raising her since my mate can't and her mother... Well you know.

And no we're not staying. You chose Rosa over us and our bond is broken so go be with her. We have to go. Goodbye Nathen.

I start closing the door but Nola waves and does exactly what I told her not to.

Bye bye daddy.

I quickly grab our things and teleport outside as he pushes the door open to see us disappear but he reaches for us anyway.

Nola I told you not to talk to daddy! He's bad. He's got to learn to be good. That means you don't get to talk to him until I tell you to.

She pouts and whines but somehow when I teleported Nathen heard my thought about where I was going so he came running out but he just stands there looking around. I push thoughts out into his mind about Rosa then. If he's meant to be with her then it'll work but if he's meant to be with me it won't.