36

Anita? Is what Century just told us true? Are you really leaving so soon?

I'm sorry Nola but yes. I have to get Blaze home before his time runs out. He's going to change tomorrow and I've seen it. He's not going to make the change.

Chris looks at me then and frowns.

Anita you told me you were mated to Rosa's mate did you say mate or mates?

I look at Destin then at Chris and frown.

Blaze is you reborn Chris. He's just not related to me like you are and Destin is Nathen reborn but Destin already claimed me on our way here. Didn't you notice a resemblance when you first met them? I mean they look similar to you both.

Nola snickers as she nods but he just huffs.

That's just messed up. My cousins mated to my future me but He's going to die the same way I was supposed to. Hey?! You can save him can't you?!

I freeze as fear shoots through me. I know I saved Chris but to save Blaze might cause him and Destin to fight.

I don't know if I can Chris. You were a risk and I almost died then.

Destin listens to our dispute until he's heard enough and Century walks in.

Good you're back. Lets go Sugar.

I turn and look at him curious about his new pretty name for me but shrug it off as Chris and Nola promise to meet us in Des Glory tomorrow before first light. Century says goodbye to everyone and we take off to get our family.

Century, your not to mention me claiming Anita to anyone okay son? I want Blaze to believe she's his until he passes but after that you Will not be touched be any other males. I'm only doing this for the sake of my family.

Yes Destin.

I refuse to argue with him right now. I can't believe he claimed me so impulsively. Don't get me wrong, I really like it but with Century as a witness. Really...

I like the idea mom. I want Destin to be my dad and I think it's cool he choose me to be a witness for you. It shows he trust me.

Destin looks back at Century confused by his outburst then looks at me and shakes his head.

Are the two of you talking silently? Can you both hear minds and not telling me?

I look at Century then irritated that he told our secret so I reach over touching Destin's arm giving him my talents and watch him grow while we laugh at the rainbow of colors that streak through his hair and eyes, but then his clothes become to small so he whips into the tiny shop that's about to close and I run in grabbing him a pair of jeans and a shirt. Luckily they're just big enough but the shirts a bit snug in his chest and arms. Can't say I'm complaining about that though.

What the hell did you... is that me I'm seeing in your mind?

He grabs the mirror turning it and looking at himself then quickly tries to camo his hair then his eyes.

There. You happy now. I can only give my talents to my true mate and since you claimed me.

So you never gave any to Blaze?

No Century. I couldn't give it to anything with Blaze. He's still a child.

But you have children together.

That's different sweetie. I don't feed on him or allow him to feed on me. That's something only adults do. And only after you've been claimed. Only adults seals their bond. If I we're to seal my bond with Blaze it could kill him faster and I refuse to risk that.