Chapter two

We park but Blaze steps out and looks at all the fancy cars in the garage.

Think you guys have enough cars?

My dad collects them. He likes to get them and repair them. That's how I got my car. It was a junker but he had it rebuilt for me because it's the car I wanted. I like classic cars and so does my dad. Apparently so do you. All the newer ones are my mom's.

He looks around and nods with a smirk then we walk through the hall down to the kitchen to find my father.

Father I have brought a guest home for you to meet. This is Blaze.

My Dad looks at me with a smile pulling at his lips as he thinks about Blaze possibly being my mate then holds his hand out.

Hello young Blaze. It's a pleasure to meet my dear Anita's friends. You must be rather special for her to bring you home. We've  never met any of her male friends before.

It it's an honor to be meeting you sir but I would not call myself special. We are but friends and she is a lovely girl with whom I do rather enjoy spend my time.

I want to laugh but I don't at the same time. Who knew Blaze could be so proper? But I do barely know him.

Yes, very well then. You two carry on. I must be on my way. There's much to be done today.

He leaves and we feed then walk out to my arena to practice.

It must be nice having your own arena and shooting range. I live in a small house with barely a back yard.

It's not that great actually. I'm the only one who uses it when my parents aren't. I usually have to spar with the guards. It's nice to have someone willing to come over. My cousin Taylor always busy and Tabitha used to all the time but she's too busy here lately. Well that and they don't like practicing.

He chuckles and steps onto the mat so I follow stepping out in front of him. I toss my overshirt to the side freeing up my arms so I can move more freely but he just grins. I kept it on at school but I'm at home now and I do have a tank top on.

What? Let's go.

I say crouching down ready to wrestle with him but also eager for him to touch me. Then dad walks in.

Anita dear, Oh... I didn't realize you were practicing your training. I thought you we're just showing Mr. Blaze around.

I quickly shelter my thoughts but dad smiles at me with a nod and a knowing look so I know I'm busted. He knows I want Blaze but he doesn't know how badly or that I know he's mine. He just thinks I'm curious about his touch.

Was there something you needed father?

You know what, never mind. You just enjoy your time with Blaze. I'll talk with you after he returns home.

We say goodbye and he leaves but I heard his mind and he's thinking I found my mate. I know it to but he's thinking it'll happen today. But Blaze is an adolescent so we can't seal our bond even if we do mate or bond or whatever. Not until he changes. Which sucks. If I was an adolescent we could but sealing or bond before he changes could  hurt him so I'm not risking it. We take or places and I look at him but he smirks then his eyes dilate and he zones out then he shakes his head and smiles at me as his vision of us ends. I saw it earlier when I looked but it just hit him. I don't say anything about it and act like I didn't notice as I stalk him. Then I lunge. We grab each other but it's over we're not wrestling or sparing. He catches me pulling me to him. He wraps his arm around my waist but I wiggle making my shirt slide up and our skin touches so I sigh. Then the guards walk out closing the doors behind them as if they know we're going to do something. I feel the jittery feeling explode within me as I pull him but he's squeezing my hip now and I can't help but want him to touch me more so I pull away and lunge again. This time I rush my hands around him slipping one under his shirt and pulling it over his head like I'm using it against him.