Chapter 19 - Introduction.

Raphael and Charlie somehow slept for a full day and like usual when they woke up they were slightly groggy.

"How long were we asleep?" Raphael asked when he was awake enough to speak.

"I think we have slept the full day." Charlie said, Raphael following his gaze to where there was a window in the room.

Their twins had been born during the morning, the sun had been up for a couple of hours when they were born, when Raphael looked out the window he noticed that the sun was only just coming over the horizon and that meant it was quite early in the morning.

Raphael was shocked when he found this out, he never normally slept this long. He could understand why Charlie had slept this long, he had been cut into and had two children removed from him, he was going to be slightly sore and very tired. Raphael on the other hand no excuse, once more though Charlie had a reason.

"It's because of me that you slept this long." Charlie said, as if he had just read the mind of his mate.

"What do you mean?" Raphael asked confused.

"I see you still need to learn on being mates love. Mates that have bonded ate joined in every way possible, when I was tired you felt it. Why do you think you felt that pain when I was giving birth?" Charlie asked with a smile on his face.

Raphael was shocked, his mate was right he did feel a lot of pain when Charlie was going through the birth but his mate needed him to be strong and he did not want to let Charlie down. He didn't think that his mate had noticed. "What do you mean?" He asked trying to play it off.

"Don't try it Raphael, I could see you wincing and holding your stomach no matter how hard you tried to stop it. I will give you credit I had to look quite a few times to see it, you hid it very well love." Charlie said, if only to save his mates dignity.

"Explain to me then." Raphael said to his mate.

"It is like I said, we are joined together. I will feel whatever it is that you feel and you will feel whatever I feel, whether it is a bad feeling or a good one. When I got tired after the birth you felt it and slept as long as I did." Charlie explained.

"I guess there are still some things that I don't know." Raphael said with a blush on his face.

Charlie smiled to his mate. "So do you know that it is going to be hard to let the twins out of our sights?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"What do you mean?" Raphael asked with a cute but confused look on his face.

"Creatures are protective beings Raphael and they are more protective in two stages. One is when their mate or mates are pregnant and the other is in the first couple of months of their child's life." Charlie explained.

"But they are with my parents right now, and I don't feel any need to rush after them." Raphael said confused.

"That's because they are your parents and we know that they would nothing to their grandchildren, the only other people we can do this with will be with the friends you have known the longest but also trust completely." Charlie told his mate.

"And what of the Death Eaters?" Raphael asked, he knew they would all want to hold the children and he did not want to be attacking his friends and allies because of it.

"They will be allowed to hold the children because we do trust them fully, however we will have to present and they have to be in our sight. Just because of this it doesn't mean that we don't trust them or we aren't friends with them, its just that we have known them for less time then we with the others so we would be a little less comfortable leaving our children with them." Charlie explained, and Raphael nodded his head in understanding.

"Well guess we have to go and get the twins." Raphael said before getting out of the bed and putting on some shoes. Charlie on the other was racing to the door, when Raphael saw what his mate had on. "Love I think you should put some pants on." He said.

When Charlie looked down he saw that he was only wearing a pair of boxers, a pair he would have been changed into after the birth had been completed. Raphael knew that all those they were going to see knew Charlie was his alone but that did not stop them from looking at his sexy mate.

"Yeah that might be a good idea." Charlie said and rushed to the closet, once they were both dressed they left their bedroom, heading for the bedroom belonging to Tom and Severus.

When they opened the door to Tom and Severus' room they couldn't help but smile at the sight that awaited them.

Lying on the bed was Tom and Severus, they were fast asleep. Tom was clutching Melody close to his chest and keeping a strong hold on her while they were both fast asleep, Severus had Jaden cuddled to him tightly and those two boys were also fast asleep.

"Quick Raphael take a picture of that." Charlie muttered, so quiet that Raphael almost missed it.

Raphael smiled and waved his wand, a camera appeared in his hands a couple of seconds later. He quickly took a couple of pictures before made the camera disappear, he then walked over to the bed and shook his two parents.

Once Tom and Severus were fully awake they gave Raphael and Charlie their two children, and smiled to each other when they saw the looks of awe on both their faces. When Tom and his mate were ready they left the room and made their way to the throne room, where the rest of the dark had all gathered waiting to get sight of the two twins.

"May I present to you, Melody Jean Riddle!" Severus said, gesturing to the child in pink that Charlie was holding, there was a loud cheer and clapping.

"And may I present to you, Jaden Daniel Riddle!" Tom said, gesturing to the child in blue that Raphael was holding, another loud cheer and clapping was heard.

Everyone then took turns holding the two twins, Raphael and Charlie following their two children around the room and keeping close eyes on them. They did trust everyone in the room, but their instincts were telling them to keep an eye out just in case.

Once Raphael and Charlie had their new children in their arms once more they were lead into another room where their were two cribs, dippers, wipes, toys and many more things that they would be needing in the next couple of weeks.

They thanked all of their friends and the party began.

When it started getting dark all of the dancing, eating and talking stopped as the party came to an end. Raphael and Charlie bid goodnight to everyone in the room, all the guests kissing the twins on their heads as they walked back to their room all of the baby gear following behind them under a spell.

The twins were placed in their cribs, a bright pink one for Melody with unicorns on it and a blue one for Jaden with Phoenix's on it. Tom and Severus had told them that the twins did not make a peep when they were asleep, Raphael and Charlie had been prepared to be awakened late in the night and early in the morning due to their new children. However their twins did not make a noise once they were lying down and asleep.

They kissed their twins on the head, bid one another goodnight, kissed each other and then told each other hold much they loved one another. They fell asleep with their twins happily sleeping in their cribs beside their bed.