Operation K.I.L.L. [Chapter 19]

Operation K.I.L.L.

Chapter 19

****RECAP****

Christina told Chad about her past.

*************

*Knock* *Knock*

"I'm coming!" I yelled at whoever had knocked on my suite door, and I suspected it was Chad.

I had been throwing the last of my few belongings into my backpack when there was a knock on my door. So I grabbed my backpack and ran for the door.

Just as I had suspected, it was Chad. "There you are, come on. We have to go if you want to see Lily before we leave."

"What about Angela and Dan?" I asked. Dan obviously liked Lily so I figured he would want to come, and Angela was Lily's roommate.

"Dan should be coming now, and Angela stayed behind to pack Lily's belongings so we can bring them with us." Chad stated matter-of-factly.

"That's weird." I muttered to myself. I mean, by all means Angela should want to visit her friend and roommate.

Right after Chad had spoken Chad walked out of his suite, "Alright, let's go." He had already taken off.

"Hey, wait up." I had to run a little to catch up.

The three of us made out way down the grand staircase and I took in the sights for the last time. Sure the school was very nice, but this hotel was /nice/. You know what I mean?

Anyways it felt like forever to walk the five minutes to the hospital and get up to Lily's room. But once we got there I ran into Lily's room.

I thought that the boys would follow, but after a few minutes I realized that I was alone. They must have stayed outside to give me some privacy...

I walked over to Lily's bedside slowly. Lily was must best friend, but seeing her like this - all still and bandaged - was kind of creepy. If it weren't for all the machines that were hooked up to her, I would have thought that she was sleeping.

Obviously she wasn't though.

"Hey Lily... I miss you. You need to wake up." I told her while I took a hold of her still hand. For some reason, I thought that her hand would have been cold - like a dead persons - but it wasn't. It was just as warm as mine.

She was just so still.

Somewhere I had heard that you should talk to people in a coma because they can here you. And sometimes it helps them get better faster. So I started to ramble random things to her. "I feel awful, I want to stay here with you. But we'll be going home in a few hours. We can't bring you either, because you're in a coma and all. Please wake up girl. I don't know what I'm going to do at school without you."

I took a deep breath, and blinked the tears, that were starting to form, away. "Please wake up."

I looked up at the clock, surprised to see that fifteen minutes had already passed. Chad had said that we only had thirty to be with Lily and I knew that Dan would want to see her. So I got up, gave Lily and quick kiss on her forehead and left her room.

Dan and Chad had found some of those uncomfortable, plastic chairs and pulled them over so that they could sit next to Lily's door.

The minute I walked out of the room Chad's head snapped up, "You can go see her." I said in a dead voice.

His only reply was to nod.

I know that people think that assassins have to be cold blooded killers, and that we have no feelings. But think again. This might also be because we are only in training, but I don't think so. Everyone has feelings. We just have to cover them up.

Especially when we're on a mission.

That made my eyes flicker to Chad as I took Dan's seat.

I know that Chad had said that we had to ignore our feelings on a mission, because things like this could happen if you were paying too much attention to someone, but man... I really missed kissing him.

I sighed and decided it would be best if I didn't think about him. Instead I stared at the wall and inhaled the clean air of the hospital.

That was one of the things that I never liked about hospitals. They are too clean. That and the sick people. Ick.

"What are you thinking about?" Chad's silky voice, that I swear could make me feel like I'm flying, interrupted my thoughts.

"Just how I never really liked hospitals that much." I replied.

He seemed to think about that for a few minutes before replying, "Yeah, they are kind of creepy."

I started to chuckle a little. I would have full out laughed, but I couldn't. Not when Lily was here, in a coma. Even if the doctor said she should be alright should, I couldn't stop thinking about what would happen if she never woke up...

"What's so funny?" He asked giving me a weird look.

"You. I mean, you're a big, bad," I lowered my voice that way no one could over hear, "assassin," I let my voice return to normal, hospital level, "and you're creeped out by hospitals."

"Hey, you said you were creeped out by them too." He faked hurt.

"No, I just said I didn't like them." I replied with a 'duh' tone.

"Whatever." Chad looked down at his watch, "We should go get Dan. It wouldn't be good if we missed the plane..." He started to get up.

I sighed, "Alright." And followed him to get up.

The two of us walked into Lily's room to find Dan's face buried in Lily's hand. He must not of heard us walk in, because he didn't move a muscle.

Trying to be gentle I said, "Hey, we have to get going."

When he looked up, I could tell that he had been crying. There were tear stains down his face, and his eyes were all puffy and red. He nodded slowly, "Kay." He gave Lily one last look before he kissed her on the forehead, like me, and got up.

The walk to the airport was a silent one. No one said anything. I didn't know what Chad was thinking about, but I knew that both Dan and I were thinking about Lily.

Soon enough we were standing in the airport with our classmates surrounding us.

It still must have been obvious that Dan had been crying earlier, because when Logan saw him he gave him a hug. It was an actual hug though, not one of those weird man hugs. Where they grab each other's hand and clap each other on the back. "Hey man, she'll be alright."I heard Logan tell Dan.

"Vol 180 vers les États est maintenant d'embarquement." [Flight 180 to the States is now boarding] the voice over the intercom spoke.

"That's us." Chad got everyone up from the seats we had found and pushed us towards the gate.

I handed the lady my ticket and she scanned it. She wished me a good flight before I got on.

I wasn't expecting us to have the same seats as we did on the way here, but once everyone was seated, Chad took his seat next to me. Angela was also in the row behind me, like last time, but there was one person missing...

Lily.

The pilot came over the intercom and explained the emergency procedures while the flight attendants showed us. I spaced out, having heard this more than enough times, and looked out the window. Trying to get my last look at France before we left.

Before I knew it, I felt the plane rumble to life, and we were starting to take off...

***************************

Im actually glad that I had to rewrite this, I think it came out better...

Anyways, here you go (:

Sorry it to so long x.x

Vote/comment/fan (:

And hope you guys enjoyed :D

i kinda feel like this one was a little boring, but hopefully itll get interesting again soon (: