Operation K.I.L.L. [Chapter 24]

Operation K.I.L.L.

[Chapter 24]

"What?! Seriously?!" I practically screamed.

"When's she coming back?" Dan interjected.

"How's she doing?" Jared asked.

"One question at a damn time." Chad sighed, "Yes, two days, and not bad."

"Two days really?" I smiled excitedly.

"We need to plan a welcome back party!" Dan said just as excited.

"Nothing to exciting though, a sleepover and movie night maybe." Jared said.

"Well it's planned then. Dan you get the movies, I'll get her favorite foods, and Jared you get streamers, balloons, a 'WELCOME BACK' sign, and sleeping bags." I said before turning around and starting to skip away.

"Hey, why do I get the most work and the retarded nick name? You guys are no fair." Jared called after me.

I stopped, almost out the door and sighed, "Fine, Dan, you get the sleeping bags." I returned to my skipping, heading towards the lunch room.

The lunch room was still fairly empty seeing as most people head to their rooms before here. So it was easy enough to pull aside the cook, who is amazing, and give him a list of foods we needed in two days.

When asked what the occasion was, I told him, but asked that he kept it a secret. I really didn't want my room full of people. Especially sense most people didn't actually know what had happened in Paris.

The teachers had come up with an excuse. I don't think they really wanted the whole student body to know that Lily had fallen off a building during an operation and was in a coma.

______________________

I never thought two days could move so slowly. But they could, and unfortunately they did.

Soon enough it was two hours before Lily was scheduled to arrive back. We were all sitting in my room, Dan and I blowing up balloons, while Jared struggled to place streamers around.

It was taking forever because I would start laughing and loose all the air in my balloon, causing Dan to do the same.

I have to say, watching Jared TRY to put balloons up was great and extremely entertaining.

Finally, after an hour, we had managed to blow up 50 balloons and hang streamers. Half an hour later, sleeping bags were opened, an uncountable number of pillows were thrown around, and a TV/DVD was set up.

I looked at the time and told the boys I'd be right back. I quickly ran out of my room, only to smash into the last person I wanted to see.

Logan.

I just ignored him and started to walk around him. But he stopped me by grabbing my arm, "Wait, please."

"I need to go. Places to be, stuff to do." I tried to pull my arm out of his grip, but he wouldn't let go. "Let. Go." I said making each word its own sentence.

"Just listen to me. I want to apologize. I know it was wrong what I did at the party. But I was drunk, there was something that was in my drink that shouldn't have been and I couldn't think straight. I know I'm a jerk, and you have no reason to accept my apology, but seriously wouldn't do that if I was thinking straight."

I just took in his expression, he looked kind of sincere. Okay, he looked really sincere. "I don't know. I really need to go do something. Can we talk tomorrow or something?"

"Yeah, sure." He gave me a half smile, before finally letting go of my arm and walking towards his room.

I hurried down the stairs and to the kitchen. All I could think about was how weird that confrontation with Logan was.

Tonight wasn't the night to think about it though, so I brushed it from my mind.

Once I was in the kitchen I found the cook, and he gave me a trolley that had a load of food, covered with silver covers. It was pretty fancy. I was about to leave when something crossed my mind.

"How am I supposed to get this upstairs?" I asked confused.

"Ah right, almost forgot." The cook chuckled and handed me a key. "Here, there's a secret elevator behind that rug hanging on the wall. The one near the left side of the stairs."

"Really? We have an elevator?" That was news to me.

"Yes, but only for special occasions. Keep it a secret and return the key tomorrow." The cook winked and went back to cooking what I was assuming was dinner.

It wasn't hard to find the elevator, and there wasn't anyone around surprisingly, so I easily slipped into the elevator without being noticed.

Seeing as there was only one floor, up, I figured there would be only buttons for the first and second floor. But to my surprise, there was a button that went to a 'ground floor'.

In any other building I would assume that it was the basement, but not here. At an assassin school, it had to be something much more interesting.

I resisted the urge to press that button, and instead pressed '2'.

It was awkwardly quiet standing the elevator, there was no music, or sounds for that matter. I stood awkwardly in the elevator tapping my foot when a thought came to my mind.

I remembered how we had managed to kill our target in France. An elevator. I started to get claustrophobic and just wanted out.

Finally a welcoming ding went off and the doors slid open. I quickly stepped out, pulling the cart with me and made sure the rug on the wall up here was in place.

As I walked by Lily's door I smiled. We had put a decorated piece of paper on it, telling Lily she needed to report to my room ASAP.

Once I was back into our room, and ignored the odd look Logan gave me, and went straight to my room.

The boys were playing some odd game, and having a stupid argument.

I sighed and plopped down next to them. "What time is it?"

"She should be here in like ten minutes." Dan said.

We spent the next few minutes fidgeting around nervously. We really didn't know what kind of injuries she had sustained and hoped that she was okay.

Finally five minutes early, there was a knock on my door. "Yeah?" I asked.

"Got a special delivery for three people out here?" I heard Chad's voice, it had a smile in it. Lily's laugh could also be heard from the other side.

"Bring it in, the doors open." I yelled, and motioned for the boys to get in there hiding spots as I hit the lights.

The light filtered in from the living room as the door opened, "SURPRISE!"

************************************

Alrightyyyy, here it is :D

Kinda a filler chapter I guess, not much happened, but hey, it's a chapter :P lol

Vote/comment/fan :D