Chapter 44

A/N: Comment below (:

Enjoy~~~

Brooklyn's P.O.V

Days have gone by and I have been hospitalized by nurses and doctors, mainly Mr. Lepar, it's been about three days after I have woken up. I'm slowly losing track of time, I was sick of the hospital food and the medication I had to take. Not one was in my room at this moment and this was probably the only time I'm going to get some peace and quiet. Usually, Donavon, Ellie, Jamie and of course Kadence would stop by.

Well speaking of Kadence... She's been technically living at the hospital with me in my room. She's been trying to take care of me herself but I made her go back home and school, even her parents had to talk to her about it. She was whining to me yesterday how cheerleading season is over and all she's been doing is studying and thinking about me. Which was weird because I've never had anyone really think about me before but overall miss me.

Though Casey has paid a visit, she was one person I haven't seen in a while and according to what I heard she helped Kadence when I was injured. Anyways she actually brought me mail from my house which was kind of her, we had a few chit-chats here and there but I also received a slap on the arm for scaring her. She handed me two letters, important letters. One, from the bank reminding me I have a new accessed account, which must be this great loan from her. The mail was a reminder and that I would have to go there to access it with the code.

The other letter was from John Hopkins which made my stomach flip when I first saw it. The letter was small but just a simple piece of paper inside of it, usually small letters like this are the simple "thank you for applying but..." Meaning I didn't get in. I decided to not open it until I was ready and honestly, I couldn't open it, I was too scared. I was in all high academic classes, I worked my ass off to support myself even without my dad in my life. I've been accepted to other colleges but... Hopkins is my one shot. Jacob, Kadence's brother, put in a word for me at MAYO medical college though, which is also a really top-notch college.

Jamie and Ellie have been bringing me classwork, they've helped me catch up on my work and has to grind my brain with new information within a matter of days. I missed so much work...

I laid in my hospital bed with no one around, the window on the right was letting in faint light through the room and a small smile grew on my face. I know a lot has happened with my dad, but I am learning to accept it. My birthday passed recently and I didn't quite enjoy the fact that I spent it in a hospital, overall... Getting shot and knowing my father passed away. Every year on my birthday I would always go to the fresh market which was not too far away from the town and sit underneath the trees with where my mother was. I don't particularly say anything, I just enjoy the idea of our yearly birthday memories that I had with her, I also liked the silent company.

I guess when I get out of here and go visit her again it will be my last time cause next thing you know I'll be at college. There would be a distance between us but it would be a long farewell until I would see her again.

I wasn't doing anything much in the hospital but tomorrow I'm out of here, today is the last day of physical therapy and post-operation check-up. Kadence won't come back to the hospital for a while. As expected a nurse came in to get me for my physical therapy, she wheels over a wheelchair but soon was paged on her pager. She had left the room in a hurry as an emergency just showed up. I had exhaled deeply and turned my face away from the door, my eyes were looking at the sad wheelchair which was nearly ten feet away from me.

The wheelchair wasn't that far, I could reach that... I think. My physical therapy was difficult, considering I was shot near my heart it leads to multiple other problems and issues a surgeon would last want. I had flail chest, two broken ribs, my lungs filled with blood, and so much more trauma which were hectic. Lately, it's been harder to breathe but that's what physical therapy is for!