Chapter 7

Kadence P.O.V

Donavon always threw the best parties. Surprisingly he's never been caught busted, but regardless if he did his dad would bail him out and charges would be dropped. Brooklyn seemed nervous, I didn't want her to feel that way so my natural response was holding her hand.

 When I put my hand near hers I hesitated at first, thinking if it would be awkward, but I still went with it. She gave a sigh and a smile back, a light one. I melted at the touch of her small hands. I walked forwards near a table in the kitchen and set my bag down.

"Kadence!" Ellie screamed.

"Hey! Wait for a second, are you drunk already?" I said with a smirk

"No K! I'm only on my second shot."

I pulled out my bottle of vodka and she had a huge grin on her face. She tried snatching it from me but quickly pulled it back. I looked over at Ellie with an amused face, but she wasn't smiling, instead, she gave me a forced smile. Jeez, does she need it that bad? 

I looked over to Brooklyn and she was silent and her eyes seemed droopy. I like how she doesn't wear make-up as much, she's beautiful naturally. I hope this wasn't a mistake. I looked back over to Ellie and she's staring at both Brooklyn and me.

"May we help you E?"

"No. I'm gonna go," she said trailing off.

She went to go hang out with the group. I saw Donavon hanging outside on the lifeguard stand watching over everyone and bathing in the sun. The pool was huge, it had a volleyball net in the middle, a waterslide from the second floor, and a lazy river flowing through the house. 

A bunch of huts was set up around the pool and a huge fire pit behind Donavon's lifeguard chair. The speakers near the pool were large, waterproof, and amazingly strong bass. I felt Brooklyn's hand tighten and I smiled trying to give off an everything is going to be the okay vibe.

"Ready to swim?!" I asked excitedly

"Uh- I'm just going to grab some food," she said shyly.

"Are you sure?"

She simply nodded. I slipped off my top and made my way near the pool. I jumped in not caring how cold it would be, causing me to splash the girls half of them screamed in shock and the others laughed. I didn't see Ellie or Jamie in sight, weird. 

Ellie is probably drunk off her ass by now, I wouldn't be surprised if my bottle of vodka goes missing and plus I can always buy more. I got my suppliers. I climbed up to the side of the pool near the lifeguard stand. Donavon looks right at me while I pull myself up and standing up straight.

"Hey, do you know where Ellie and Jamie are?"

"Nope." he said popping the 'p'

"But I do need to talk to you."

He hopped off the stand, grabbed my hand and pulled me over inside this private hut, only reserved for him and the boys. When we entered Luke and Kyle were inside but he motioned them to leave and they followed his command.

"What's up?" I asked taking a sip from a margarita from the side table.

"So I was wondering if you wanted to hang out upstairs and you know... get a little..." he motioned to me as if he already knew the answer.

"Fuck?!" I choked on my drink.

He smirked and had a wide grin on his face.

"Donavon! No! God no! that's gross, we're just friends!"