Chapter 17

A/N: Hey, so I am going to start updating Wattpad at least once or twice a week, I've been crazy busy with work but that won't stop me from writing. I promise. I know you guys hate waiting for the update, kidding I know you probably don't care XD. 

Anyways! I have been working on Chapter 17 for a while because there was some confusion between my writing. I'm sorry if my grammar is off and the editing is just bad lol, but I am trying. I am right now writing Chapter and I might update it tomorrow or the next day. 

I hope you enjoy this chapter! Enjoy ~~~

Kadence's P.O.V

"Uh... thanks." I sighed.

She gave a wide smile, god what I would kill to see her smile like that every day. Lately, she's been so opened, amazingly I caught her again. Her face was close to mine, my breath hitched, and her eyes gleamed with happiness. The cold surrounded us and our breath was hot creating steam out of our mouths as if we were both out of breath but everything around me felt so hot.

I let her back up, and she straightened herself. My hand was still on her waist and her body was close to mine as if we were leaning in for a kiss. I felt this pull, a pull that wanted me to lean into her perfect lips. I let go quickly in embarrassment and she gave a small smile. We both walked side by side with each other to the restaurant, it wasn't that far down just a couple blocks down and around the corner.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, this just really made my day." I let out a laugh.

"I'm talking about what happened earlier... you know practice?"

"Oh..."

I looked down replaying what happened. It hurts to know that my own team didn't accept me for who I am.

"... Just they were giving a hard time, you know stubbornness and ignorance."

She didn't say anything. We made it to the restaurant and walked inside feeling warm. It wasn't that busy but I loved how everything was dim. There were vines from the ceiling, white cloths covering the table and small candle on it. The smell of Italian food wavered in the air, we were seated at a far back table for two. The candle on the table flickered and Brooklyn's eyes were wandering the room. The light sparkled in her eyes making her look like she was in awe.

"Okay, I still don't know much about you Brooklyn, so tell me"

She looked over and I can tell her mood changed, she got a bit quiet.

"There's nothing about me to know Kadence."

"And that is a lie because you never told me you danced."

"Well, neither did you!"

We sat there both laughing, and our drink soon came to us. I wish I was having wine.

"Okay, do you have any siblings?"

"Nope."

"What's your favorite subject?"

"English."

"Ew, really?"

"I have a passion for writing and coming up with theories."

"Theories?" she gave me a slight nod.

"Interesting... tell me one."

She stiffened in her chair and took a sip of her water clearing her throat.

"Well here's a quote from a book. Everything from a distance seems beautiful, but up close its all just ugly. It's a Paper town. Papergirl, paperboy, paper town. It's all the same and it's ugly. It's fake. Everyone dreams, everyone wants to escape into their dream and never wake up. Here's the thing though, you do want to wake up, because if everything right now is fake, then it is all a dream. you say you don't want to wake up to reality, you think when we wake up you're automatically in reality. That's false. Even if you wake up you're still stuck in your dream because of its fake, its paper. The question is though... is What is reality? or Why are we not waking up then? I don't know, no one knows... Reality is far beyond our power, We are never going to wake up."