Chapter 42

A/N: Sorry for the late update ): but the chapter is closing soon ((: Which is exciting!

Comment below! Enjoy ~~~~

Kadence's P.O.V

I felt a small shake against my shoulders and my eyes fluttered open. Shit. Did I fall asleep? Fuck

"Kadence... Wake up." I heard Jamie's voice from a distance.

I opened my eyes all the way alerted, Brooklyn...

"W-What, did something happen? Wheres Brooklyn?!" I yelled panickily.

"Sh, it's okay. She's still in surgery and yes you did fall asleep for about two hours."

I sat up on the bed with my back straight, I rubbed my eyes and squinted a little bit. I saw Casey laying on the couch fast asleep while Ellie was in the chair covered with a blanket. I squinted my eyes again, I felt a small growing headache on the side of my head.

Jamie sat on the bed with me with one hand on my leg.

"An intern came in with an update, all he said was that Brooklyn was still in surgery and it's going to be a while. They are doing everything they can..."

My eyes were still puffy, my lips quivered, I wanted to see her... I didn't cry, I had to stay strong right now.

"How long ago was the update? W-What time is it?"

"It was about an hour ago, they will be coming back soon with another update and it's one-thirty in the morning. I did sleep for about thirty minutes but I can't."

"I wasn't supposed to fall asleep..."

"It's okay, you were tired and you still are. Maybe try resting up some more."

"N-No, it's okay."

"I'm sorry... About all of this, none of this should happen. Her dad is a complete ass." She scoffed.

"You have no idea."

"He shot his own daughter, he's an ass."

I nodded my head and bit my lip.

"I see how you love her..." She mumbled.

I smiled a little bit.

"Yeah, I do love her... I see how you love Ellie." I smirked and teased.

She let out a small laugh.

"You love Ellie with everything and I did not think my two best friends would fall for each other. Hell, I thought you were flirting with one of the guys, what happened? I mean if you don't mind me asking..." I mumbled.

"No it's okay, and we talked... Ellie told me you made her go talk to me and we did talk. That night that we had um... sex..."

"In my house, I remember." I laughed.

"Yes, sorry. Ellie was open to me though, we talked at her house and one thing led to another. I told her that I was confused and I didn't know what was right and what was wrong. I was scared that I was falling for my best friend, I know you and Ellie had a thing as well. I'm not mad about it, but she was open instead, she thought she couldn't be able to love anyone else. I just reassured her that I could and like I said... one thing led to another." Her cheeks tinted red and blushed. A smile crept under her nose and she looked at me.

"I'm in love with her." She mumbled.

"I know and I am happy that both of my best friends are happy together." I smiled.