Chapter 6

A/N: Hey guys <3 alright! so this chapter can be... triggering for some people and I just want some to be aware. 

Enjoy though ~~

Kadence's P.O.V

It was around eight-thirty in the morning now.

"Tell me I'm wrong, but is it me or am I seeing some flirtation some flirtation between you and Donavon?" I asked Ellie with a smirk.

"What! No! God, what are you talking about." she yelled from the bathroom

"I don't know! you guys seemed pretty cozy next to each other at Cook Out at first."

A laugh from the bathroom echoed into my room.

"What are you jealous?"

"Uh no, just curious. Donavon and I are just friends and nothing more." I said putting one hand up.

I slipped on this cute bikini that had an all-white touch with golden design and as for Ellie, she came out of the bathroom in an all black bikini with multiple strings. We both had big bags with our towels, extra clothes, sunscreen, and of course one big bottle of vodka.

"Hey, I got to pick up Brooklyn, see you later?" I said

"Who is this chick anyways?" she asked with interest.

"A new friend! She's a little shy but I invited her to know us better. She came yesterday to the bakery, but you weren't there... Where were you anyways?"

"O-Oh I was just running some errands, I got this bikini yesterday at the mall," she said with hesitation

"But I'll see you later!"

Brooklyn's P.O.V

After having a totally tired out day, I finally made it home. Why the fuck did I say yes? That makes me get up early, find an outfit, and have my anxiety shoot through the roof. I pulled into the garage and I see my fathers car in there already so I parked outside behind him.

I go inside and hang my keys up on the rack making it have a chiming noise of the keys clattering against each other. Turning around the corner I see the television on and next to the couch were bottles of beer.

Fuck.

He's drunk again, I walked slowly past the couch trying to make my way up the stairs. All of a sudden I hear I smelt this wrenching smell of alcohol. I look down on the couch and see my father passed out. I have to be quiet. 

I slowly made my way upstairs, each foot softly touching each step trying not to make any creaking noises. Soon enough getting halfway up the stairs I heard the television turn off. I slowly turn my head around and I see him at the bottom of the stairs.

Fuck.

"Come here," he said demandingly.

I didn't move.

"I said come here!" he yelled this time with a voice crack.

I flinched and a shot of fear went through my spine. I slowly made my down the stairs, holding my breath. I came down to the second stipend stopped. I can smell the grease from his hair, the drool from his mouth, and last not but least the alcohol. I swallowed nothing but a dry mouth.

"Where the hell have you been!?" He raised his voice.

"I-I was out." I tripped over my own words.

"I can't hear you!"

"I-I said I was out." I kept muttering.

He stepped on the first step and got close to my face. I stood there and my lip quivered releasing air from holding it in. By the time I could take another breath I felt a hot stinging slap on my right cheek and making me fall against the railing. I brought my hand up to my face and held it. I closed my eyes for a second and I felt in the air, he tripped me.