Chapter 15

A/N: GUYS! I just came up with a grand idea for this book near the end, ah I'm so excited when we get into it deeper. Much much more to come and very dramatic details, so please stick with me!

Comment below and Enjoyyy ~~~

Kadence's P.O.V

Getting over my first class was an absolute bitch, Donovan seems to be fine right now meaning he probably found some girl to hook up with. During Anatomy class, I was full out ignored by Brooklyn which kind of hurt. I'll try talking to her later.

Lunch finally rolled around and I sat down with the girls like usual and surprisingly the boys actually came. I saw Ellie got out of the lunch line with her food and she walked over to the table with dominance. She was tall and slender but perfectly built she had everyone's eyes on her. She wore her cheer outfit and her long blonde wavy hair came running down her side, she was quite stunning. Okay, snap out of it!

She sat next to me and her fragrance flew throughout the table.

"You needed to talk?" she said with her voice being monotone.

Oh god, she seems mad.

"Uh yeah, about us."

She looked down to her fries.

"What about?" she arched one of her eyebrows.

"You are my best friend... we've been knowing each other since we were kids, I love you for being my best friend."

I paused, her lips were curved down and she seemed like she lost her appetite.

"I don't want anything to be awkward, but yesterday... you asked me if I loved Brooklyn, and my answer is yes. I do love Brooklyn."

She looked at me hurt, with tears on the verge to come.

"What do you want Kadence. I already knew your answer so just leave me alone."

Her voice cracked, and she got up and left the lunchroom. Jamie looked at me and she went to go follow Ellie. I think I lost my appetite as well. I got up from the seat not caring what the table thought and threw my food away, I pushed past the doors and made my way to the library.

Making my way to the back corner, I caught Brooklyn's hair in her usual spot. Her nose was in a book and I saw a bag of chips laying on the side, cute. I made my way over and sat across from her, she looked up and her eyes gave me this alluring attraction towards her.

"...Um, hi" she sighed.

She gave a small quirky smile and her lips perked to the side, I looked down to see what book she was reading and of course... another anatomy book.

"Do you want to hang out after school today?" I asked

"Oh, uh... I'm kind of busy studying, another time?"

Her eyes dropped down, she looked upset like something was bothering her. Her eyes weren't as bright as the hazelnut ones that I know they were dark filled with hesitation and pain. Something was up and I am going to make this girl happy again.

"just, come to health room after school the cheer team will be there and we kind of need help with Fall Dance ideas."

"What's a Fall Dance?"

"You're serious right? You've been here all four years at Mason Grover and you haven't heard of the Fall Dance?"

"Hey, remember I don't socialize."

"And you won't have to while you are there! we just need theme ideas and volunteers. You'll be by my side the whole time, I promise."

I gave her puppy eyes and gave out a small laugh. She put her book in front of her face to hide her smile and her eyes seem to grow a little happiness. She gave this hesitation look.