Chapter 27

A/N: Ah so I know I told you guys I would leave you at a cliffhanger, it's only been a week, but considering that Thanksgiving is tomorrow... Here is my present to you! \

Comment below and Enjoy~~~~

Kadence's P.O.V

"Kadence..."

She said whispering, responding back to her name. My heart was heavy, I've never... I've never felt this way with anyone. I mean I've kissed guys before but this, I mean this was much different. The kiss left me hanging wanting more.

My face felt hot and not from the dancing, but from the crave of our lips colliding that we just had. Brooklyn's hazelnut eyes met mine, she was so beautiful and her eyes brought my attention but it was not like she already did. She broke our gaze and looked down.

"I-I'm sorry." She mumbled.

Why was she sorry? Was she saying the kiss was a mistake? I felt her hands pull away from my neck, leaving me cold. She started to walk towards the mirrors and pace back and forth, her hand was on her hip and she started to shake her head.

"Brooklyn, why are you sorry?" I asked.

I stood in the same place where we held our kiss not wanting to let go of the moment. I watched her, she didn't respond.

"Brooklyn?" I said a little louder.

No response.

"Brooklyn," I said sternly.

She looked up snapping out of her thoughts, her eyebrows were scrunched together and her hand was near her lips.

"S-Sorry, I just..." She trailed off.

I went over and grabbed her hands causing her to freeze, her breath hitched and she looked scared. Why was she afraid?

"Talk to me, please. Do you... regret the kiss?"

"W-What? No!" She said while waving her hands in the air.

"Then what's going on?"

"I just, I'm scared of us."

What was she talking about?

"I don't, I don't know if I can do another relationship... After Casey I just felt, I felt heartbroken."

Her lips quivered at the thought, would she think I would cheat on her? I would never! I couldn't. Wait, are we even in a relationship? The questions started to get deeper within thought.

"Brooklyn, what are we exactly?"

She didn't say anything but sighed.

"Kadence, I want to be with you so bad but I-I don't think... I can handle another heartbreak." She mumbled.

I wrapped my hand around her waist bringing her closer, how could one person do so much damage on her. Her eyes started to turn glassy as if she was about to cry.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I promise. I want to be with you too." I whispered.

"Kadence..."

I pulled her into a hug without a second thought, I felt her shaking. Holding her felt right in the moment, were we a thing? I mean I've thought about it with the long flirtations between us, and being with her just felt right. My heart started to sink lower from the overflow of our kiss, I was drenched in it and yes I wanted more but she needed me and she needed comfort.

"So what are we...?"

She asked between our hug, muffling with her head inside my shirt. I felt her lips pressed up against my chest from still hugging her. I felt the need to cry, I was scared as well because of the confusion between us but right now was not the time for tears