Chapter 14

A/N: Still sick )): but getting better! I have had so much time on my hands to write and I love it, I have so much more ideas for the book and I'm excited to share it with you guys, enjoy this new chapter ~~~~

Kadence's P.O.V

"E-Ellie what are you doing..." I stuttered.

"Just showering with you duh." she gave out this sly smile

"...Kadence"

Her words came out slowly, everything didn't feel warm anymore it felt cold like a bucket of ice being poured on me. I didn't respond to her, I couldn't. Everything felt numb but her eyes were alluring, like a snake wrapping around its predator. Her hands trailed up to my neck and I felt a soft peck on my shoulder. She looked at me again and I bit my lip.

A small moan escaped my lips. What was that? I've never done that, she kept kissing my neck... it felt nice but not what I wanted. I soon felt her lips fall on top of mine.

She closed the gap into a passionate kiss, not just a peck but a kiss where it held. This felt so right but so wrong, it was still bitter and I didn't feel loved. I felt used. I pushed her off of me.

"What's wrong?" She questioned.

"This. All of this. It's wrong..."

"Don't tell me you don't feel anything between us Kadence."

"The only thing I feel is hate and uncomfortableness."

I pushed past her and grabbed my towel. She opened the curtain again revealing everything and I just looked away.

"Kadence, don't walk away."

"Ellie we already had this conversation. We are just friends, nothing more. You are my best friend and you've changed so much... It's like I don't know you anymore so please, don't ruin what we have."

She covered herself with a towel and sat on the bench near her bag.

"We are best friends, but since we were little I've been so in love with you. Yes, I've played around with guys but it didn't feel right but with you... It just did."

"What if I'm not the one though, am I your first kiss with a girl?" I replied quietly

I opened my bag and grabbed out light grey joggers, a bright pink sports bra, and a loose tank-top. I slipped myself in them while Ellie stared.

"Yes, you are my first."

"So how do you know it feels right with me? Maybe I'm not the one Ellie..."

"Kadence..."

"What?"

She didn't say anything. I slipped my sports bra on, what a struggle. One of the worst things to do right when you get out of the shower is putting on a sports bra.

"Kadence..." she said again.

"What," I said a little frustrated.

"Do you like Brooklyn."

I didn't respond. It caught me off guard, I mean I haven't even fully processed the thought yet. I heard a small laugh break out behind me.

"Oh my god... you do."

I try to form the words coming out of my mouth, trying to prove to her I wasn't.

"Tell me you don't love Brooklyn."

Her lips were straight, they weren't saying anything. She had no emotion, but I can tell there's a bit of sadness.

"You can't say it, can you?" she said with pain.