Josh

A/N: Comment & Vote!

Adam departed a week later.

He left no trace of him being here. His room was impeccable and he hadn't left a single item. "We never planned for two babies." Cam frowned as he measured out the formula.

I stared at the rosy cheeked infant, abandoned by his father's death. I had argued with Adam about the C-Section--I had assumed the baby had died too. But by some miracle here he was. Innocent, unaware, and so very alone. "We need more formula?"

"Yes but it's expensive. We hardly have anything left. Plus Red hasn't gotten out of bed in almost a week." His tone reflected his fear and I felt for him.

"He's mourning."

"He's never been like this before Mason--you know that." He passed me a half full bottle. "This will have to do for now."

I lifted the infant and put the bottle it his lips. He ate hungrily, blue eyes glued on the liquid. "I can go into town and get some."

"How?" He asked stupidly before it hit him. "You don't need to do that to yourself."

"Don't worry about me Cam--I'm not going to..." I cleared my throat. "I know what I'm doing. Besides, we need it don't we?"

"I don't care. You don't need to hurt yourself--"

"It doesn't hurt me Cam. In fact, I like it. So don't worry about me, okay?"

"I suppose Red and I are supposed to take care of him." Cam commented. "And we ought to give him a name."

"I... I could take care of him." I muttered after a moment. "I mean two babies is a lot of responsibility and I don't think Red would do well with it."

Cam's face lit up. "That's a great idea Mason! And he never has to know that..." he cut himself off. "He will know you're his father."

The responsibility was huge but somewhere inside me I was so happy to actually have something that I could love that would love me in return. Something that would ever hurt me. "You think?"

"Definitely. What are you going to name him?"

"Orion." I decided quietly. "Like we would have."

"Do you think he would have loved him?"

"Will? Of course." I was confident in that.

"But what he did--he could have killed Orion too."

"I think he knew the baby would be fine and that we would find them in time." I argued. "I'm going to head into town."

"It seems too risky Mason. Who will keep you safe?"

"It's a risk in willing to take. I won't have either of them go hungry. And until Red gets himself together--" I shook my head. "I'll be back in a few hours."

~~~

"Mason!"

"Sammy, its great to see you."

He had slimmed out a bit but he still had a bit of chub and the rosy cheeks I loved so much. Stopping into the Pub had been a spur of the moment decision. But now I was here, looking at my old friend, it was a good one. He pulled off a stained apron and threw his arms around me.

The smell of fried food hung in his hair a bit but I didn't mind. "We were all so worried when you got sick. And then Cam got pregnant--isn't that crazy?"

"He had the baby."

"He did?" Sammy's eyes lit up. "Is it the cutest thing in the whole world? How's Red taking it? And how's Zach? And Charlie? And did he ever and Will home?"

My theist tightened uncomfortably. "Yeah Sammy. They all went home." Lying was my best option. After all, Sammy would be non the wiser.

"And are you going home?"

"I don't have a home to go back to." I settled. "But enough about me--how's it going here?"

"Perfect! Look!" He pulled back his shirt collar and showed a Mark. A surge of jealousy cut through me like a knife before I remembered to be happy for my friend. "We're so happy. Plus, I'm surrounded by yummy food 24/7."

"Sounds great." I chuckled. "I'm so happy you're doing so well."

"I can get Patrick if you want--he's running the fryers. I'm sure he'd love to say hi!"

"You guys are working--I don't want to interrupt."

Sammy beamed. "Well I'm so happy you stopped in. Are you hungry?"

"I'm broke Sammy but thanks."

"Mason, you're like family's! It's in the house. What are you in the mood for?"

I knew I was on a schedule but really sitting down and having a meal out of the house was nice. Too nice in fact to pass up. "Surprise me."

Sammy grinned. "Come sit at the bar. I'll get something yummy together for you."

As I sat down it was hard for me to not feel optimistic about my future.

I had someone to live for. To care for. To love.

~~~

"I don't usually have whores seeking me out."

I swallowed somewhat dryly as Josh shifted a few items on his cart. I had heard a bit about what he did as he from our brief encounters. He was a farmer. "I work for myself now." I replied evenly.

"And you came here under the assumption I would be interested?"

I sucked on my teeth. "It's a yes or no Josh."

He snickered. "Don't get your panties in a twist. I have to finish up here. If I give you my address you can go back to my house and wait, alright?"

I hadn't really thought about the fact I wouldn't be home and it tripped me up. Josh cocked his head. "You do trust me, don't you Mase?" The tanned man chuckled. "There's fresh veggies and meat in the fridge. Hell, you can even throw together a meal for us."

He winked and pulled out a piece of paper. He scrawled down directions. "It's a little house about half a mile into the woods that way. It's a really safe walk too--my neighbor's have kids that might be kicking around."

I have a kid too. "Okay."

"Here." He pushed some folded bills into my hands. "I'll tip you when we're done."

I smiled a bit. "Thanks Josh."

"Thank you Mason."

A/N: Thoughts? I noticed a lack of response to my last chapter and I'm hoping people aren't too upset.