Marc

A/N: Comment & Vote!

"Where's Arrow?"

The man restraining me seemed antsy to get us to this man. "Busy and, seeing as you've forgotten Timor, I am in charge while he gone."

"Okay, fine." Clearly respect wasn't of a huge importance here. "What do we do with them?"

"Put them in a room--they are our 'guests' after all," the men chuckled and I grew even more concerned. "One that locks on the outside."

"And Red?"

"I'll have someone contact him. Vaccinate them as well."

"Are you serious?"

"I don't need the Cough spreading through the pack," growled Marc. "But leave this one with me."

He pointed toward me and the breathlessness returned. "But Marc--"

"I am in charge. And seeing as my father allows you all to rape and torture any omega of your choosing, I doubt he would object to me talking to one." Marc snarled. His voice was strong and commanding... Was he an alpha?

"Yes Marc." He gave me a push and stumbled before regaining my balance.

"Please don't leave me Mason!" Zach whined.

"Shut up!" Dax barked, striking him.

The omega was reduced to tears once more and I gave him the most comforting smile I could. "They're going to help us. Give us medicine. And they're contacting Red. We'll be home soon."

"Promise?" They were at the doorway now.

"Promise!" I yelled at Dax pulled him back outside.

The man, Timor, followed behind and closed the door, leaving me alone with Marc. "Red owns you?"

"He does." I refused to look at him--it kept my pounding heart at bay. His smell was so heavenly however... "He's your brother?"

"Half. We share the same father. Are you hungry?"

Hungry? Wasn't I being held captive? "A bit. But I'm worried about my friends."

"He's being vaccinated. And in that room he'll be as safe as possible here."

"My other friend is with those...animals--"

"I have no say in what the Warriors do with their Pets. Even if escaped once, ownership still lies with us." Marc's voice wasn't as gentle. In fact he sounded cold. "Don't waste your worry on him. He's home."

"N-no, he belongs to Red!" I was being bold but my worry for Charlie was currently more than my own worry for myself. "You can't--"

"I can't help him." Marc replied simply. "I have no power there. I'm sorry. I don't like seeing you so upset."

I looked up into those hazel eyes and found myself getting swept away all over again. They drew me close to the chair, the need to feel him nearly overpowering me.

I froze on the edge of the stage and backed away. "I don't mean to scare you." He sounded almost pained. "I don't even know what this...feeling is."

"Nothing." I whispered. "Please bring me to my friend."

"You can't go into the Warrior camp. I won't allow. Those who go in there, stay there until they either kill them or they kill themselves. A few run, like your friend, but somehow they always end up back." Marc's tone was tainted in disgust. "It's just how Crimson Canyon is. I understand why Red wanted nothing to do with it."

"What do you mean?"

My own fascination with Red pushed me to gain more information. Of course had to have a history, a reason for being the way they he was. And to know it would give me some insight. Help me understand why he was the way he was. "What do I mean..." he muttered, thinking. I was honestly surprised he was going to tell me! "Red and I grew up here with our father Arrow. He's my older half-brother. Our mother's were Luna's of the Pack's he took over. It's Arrow's signature, in a way. Leave a Pack devastated with a reminder of himself. How we ended up with Arrow, I don't know. But we did. And our childhoods weren't traditional in the least. This place wasn't this bad back then."

He was quiet a moment and I urged him on with a question. "Why did Red leave?"

"Because he's not insane."

I beg to differ. "What?"

"The carnage is a constant. Our Pack members murder and torture for fun. We take in exiled wolves; demented creatures who live only in the sufferings of others. And because we offer amnesty others come in, escaping various crimes they've committed. There isn't any real...order here. Except that you listen to your Alpha. We're completely off the grid. No alliances, nothing from the human world. Violence is a way of life. And Red isn't like that."

"You haven't seen him like we have."

"You have no idea ho good you have it compared to the way they treat Omegas in Camp. Red saw a money making opportunity one day and took up that House. It was revolutionary for people like us--electricity, plumbing, hell I've heard he even has human tv and internet!" Marc shook his head. "Arrow was happy for him for a while. But when Red barred Crimson Canyon from using his services Arrow cut him out completely. It's been just over three years since that happened."

"Why did you stay?"

"Where else could I go? I was going to try and cut into my brother's success and at this point it's too late. Things are too awful for me anyway. I do my own thing; ignore everything else. But now I've found you--"

"Found-found me?"

Marc smiled for the first time ever. "Yes. I've found my mate. Now it can all change."

Oh dear Goddess, no.

QOTC: How do you guys like Marc?