Arrival

A/N: Comment & Vote!

The next few days blended together.

Days were long and cold. I was hungry and annoyed. Sex became an elephant in the room while we each spent the nights masturbating each other feverishly. It was bittersweet torture. But the threat was real to me now. Charlie was pregnant. It was almost thrilling in a taboo sort of way. Being a father hadn't ever passed by mind. I hadn't spared a moment to consider it. Now however...the possibility was more than real.

Marc clearly wasn't interested--was it for the sake of my safety or did he truly not want children? While the question chewed at me I couldn't quite think of a way to phrase it appropriately. We hadn't been together quite long enough for it to be a decent request from me. Marc had his reasons--I should accept it.

But did I want children? That remained to be seen. What I'd seen of children were wild, rambunctious youths who were always touching things and were questionably sticky. Did I want that responsibility?

But the miracle of life--or rather curse of it, in this case--was still incredible. And everyone wanted to continue their legacy however shameful or obsolete they were. It was just the selfish nature of people. Werewolves, humans, and all other creatures alike. Procreating was a natural urge--but not between two males.

"You seem deep in thought?"

"I'm worried about Charlie."

"The Pack doctor has dealt with a ton of male pregnancies Mason. He's qualified."

"He's weird."

"That's true also," smiled Marc. He kissed my shoulder. "I'd say in about two weeks you'll wear my Mark on your shoulder."

My body grew uncomfortably hot as arousal pooled in my groin. "You sure know what to say," I mumbled in embarrassment as he smirked at the tented sheet.

"I'll take it as a compliment." He tapped my tip with his finger and a shudder ran through me.

"Don't tease."

"Sorry baby."

I leaned in for a kiss but he door opening startled us. "Marc--get your ass up here. And bring your mate." Arrow called down, tone tainted with a disgust that made it obvious he knew exactly what we were doing.

"Why?" Snapped Marc, impressing me because he rarely ever spoke back to his father.

"Because your brother's here--and he's already causing trouble in Camp."

Excitement, fear, and dread all mixed together into a conction that got my heart pounding. Surprise lit up Marc's face as he threw his legs over the side of the bed and reached for our discarded clothing. I did the same wondering what he would say and think. Would he be sad about Zach?

Of course he wouldn't! He was just a whore to him! I pulled my tee shirt on and Marc took my hand as we climbed the stairs. The doors were open and an icy blast came in, bringing with it swirls of snow. Marc put an arm around my shoulders and looked into the ink darkness anxiously. "Mason maybe--"

"Don't you dare," I bristled.

It felt like years since I'd seen Red--believe it or not I missed him. Marc sighed in defeat and nodded his head knotting out hands together anxiously. "I love you." I assured him.

He smiled.

***

Red looked the same as ever as he faced off with two jeering men.

He appeared to be alone as his hands fisted at his sides. "Where the fuck is my omega?"

"I think you mean Raven's." Dax countered with a grin.

Red struck him and Dax stumbled back, blood spilling from his nose. The other surged forward but Marc pushed passed me to intervene. I shivered as I watched Red look at this brother for the first time in three years. They made eye contact and moved on almost immediately to glare at the man.

He backed down hesitantly after a long glare. "Red!" I couldn't keep the relief out of my voice.

He spared me a look and possibly a smile but his face was hardly lit by the fire. "Red!" A new voice cried.

We all turned in unison as a figure slipped in slush between the trees. "Cam! I told you to wait!" Red's voice was tainted with worry rather anger--the first shock.

The orange flames brought Cam into sight for a moment. He had a slightly rounded belly beneath a large stripped sweater--the second shock.

And then finally Cam cried, "They took Will!"--the final shock.

"Where is he?" Red roared. "He's underage--you can't touch him!"

"Your stupid council laws don't apply here," sneered Dax, nursing his nose. "Who knows--maybe they'll return him in one piece."

It was chaotic and terrifying. "I will kill each of you." He bristled. "He's just a kid."

"Arrow wants every omega returned." Marc added. "So I suggest you go stop them."

Dax stood in the snow a moment before he swore and started toward the woods. "Maybe it'll be too late." He sneered.

Red growled and turned to us. "Are you alright Mason?" He sounded tired.

"He's fine." Marc replied evenly.

Red looked surprised before it melted into disbelief and then a mask of neutrality. "Great. My little brother mated on of my whores--you've knocked him up as a well I assume."

"No," snapped Marc. "I was careful. Apparently you weren't."

"I didn't think it would affect us back home." Red snapped stressfully. "That why it took so long. Where's Charlie and Zach?"

Emotion overtook me as I choked out, "They killed Zach."

He sucked in a breath much to my surprise and his eyes flashed. "Who?"

"Raven." Marc's tone was that of shame. "Dad made me let them--"

"I understand Marc. I don't blame you. But he will pay."

"He's dangerous!" I warned him. "He's--"

"I grew up with him Mason. I don't need an omega warning me. Marc, bring him over with Cam while I deal with."

"A-alone?" Marc sounded afraid for Red.

I didn't blame him. I was afraid of what could happen to Red.

"Yes Marc. Don't worry about it. And I'll get Charlie and Will too. Then we're going home."

"Home?" Marc sounded uncertain.

"Out of these forsaken lands," Red replied with a grim nod. "That's a promise."

I had a million questions and objections but I let Marc lead me into the dark woods as I hoped for the best.

QOTC: thoughts?!
Goal: 10 comments spam-free