Visiting The Fire Stone Pack Part Three

A/N: Here you go. Next chapter should be posted either late tonight or tomorrow. Hope you like it!

Pic: William

Peace Out, Girl Scouts

~Kate~

The week dragged on.

I felt emotionally drained, watching Sammy dragged to the beta night after night, unable to rustle up the will to actually try and comfort him or offer myself in his place. Judging by the hickeys and bruises he always when he came back, the beta wasn't gentle. Alex hardly noticed, too busy bouncing off to see Peter. And Charlie wasn't the type to really care. But it was okay. I could cope on my own. I wasn't like other omegas who needed constant reassurance. I was fine.

Charlie and I were hanging around the tent when we heard a ruckus. Drawn by it we popped out heads out in time to see a fat, stout man throwing a young blonde boy at Red's feet. "How much'll you give me for 'im?"

The man was out for breath, obviously from the exertion of dragging the boy here. I grimaced, feeling terrible for the kid. "Well," drawled Red looking amused. "Get him on up and we'll take a look."

"Don't, don't," the boy began to beg, looking at his father wildly. He was cute--and that wasn't a good thing. "Please! It's not fair. You did it to me! I didn't want it! Please!"

The man, his father I'm assuming, swelled up even further if possible in anger. His face turning purple as his shameful secret was outed. I personally was sickened. I didn't know how a parent could do such a thing to their child, wolf or not. "Don't worry about it sir," Red stated smoothly but there had been a brief look of disgust on his face as he learned why exactly this new whore was at his feet. But there were plenty of boys with the same story at the Pack House. He just used it to get a better deal. "Now let's see. Were his Marks good?"

"No," snorted the man. "'Cept for cooking. He did that after his mother died."

"Along with other things," muttered Charlie angrily.

I nodded my head in agreement. Big tears were rolling from his huge turquoise eyes. His face was flushed, hair slightly mussed up. "How old is he?"

"Uh...seventeen?"

"Sir." Red did not like playing games when it came to age. "I will still purchase him if he's younger but he can't be used until--"

"Alright, alright, sixteen. But he's seventeen in the winter."

"Please," moaned the boy looking at his father. "I'm sorry. I...I just want a mate."

"You'll have plenty of men to love you." Red cut in. "I'll you seventy dinj."

"Seventy?" Sputtered the man. "You're cheating me!"

"The boy has no use until the middle of our next on-season and he's not a virgin. I could actually off you an exchange."

"Exchange?"

My stomach dropped. He'd done this once before with an omega named Zeff. He took Ryan in his place. The violent man eventually killed Zeff, four months after the exchange took place. I know this because he came around the Pack House, trying to get Ryan back. Who would he exchange?

"You heard me. I've got a few kicking around here somewhere..." He turned around looking at the tent. We tried to get back inside as quickly as possible but Red saw us. "Everyone in the tent get out here."

Charlie and I grimaced as curious omegas rose from their beds where they were talking or in some cases playing cards. I wanted to warn them but I figured that in this case ignorance was bliss. Charlie and I joined the line up, feeling his tiny, watery eyes on us. I was just glad that Sammy had gone to the hot pools and Alex was off with Peter. "So I can just take one?"