A New Beginning

A/N: Comment & Vote

"That was great Mase, really. But what's the occasion?"

The blissful post-coitus moment wore off as I recalled why I was here. It wasn't just sex. "Work."

Josh chucked and grabbed rolling papers off the side table. He rolled the fragrant herb into a thick joint and lit it, holding it out for me to take. There was no smoking at the Pack House so this was new. "You want some?" He blew out a cloud. "It's home grown."

"Thanks but I'm good." I rolled over and grabbed my pants off the floor.

I stepped into them, glancing back at Josh in hopes of a tip. But really I hadn't been able to keep my own money for so having seventy five dinj in my pocket felt nice. "A tip hm?" mused Josh. "I don't know. Your bedside manner could use some work. Lay back down. Relax. Maybe I'll buy another round."

It was tempting. But I knew that the momentary completion having a cock inside you gave me would wear away and I would feel empty once we were done. But the loneliness could be relieved--I now had someone to care for. Someone who wouldn't betray me.

Orion.

"I really have to go Josh."

The man moaned in opposition rolling over to grab his own pants, pulling some bills out of his pocket. He pulled a few from the wad and held them out. "Congrats Mase--you've taken all the profit I made today." He smiled as he spoke and I couldn't help but smiled a bit back.

"Thank you Josh. I'll see you around, alright?"

"You better." He laughed. "I like these home visits. How about this time next week?"

"Alright." I decided. "I'll see you."

***

The price increase in human products was ridiculous.

After spending half my earnings on another tub of formula and six dinj on a pretty baby blue blanket I returned to house. Cam looked grateful I was back, passing the child I now could recognize as mine. "How'd it go?"

"Good. I visited Sammy."

Cam smiled. "Is he doing alright?"

"Really happy." I confirmed. "Just like we're going to be."

"What Red?" Cam asked in a low voice. "He's going to get out of bed soon right? And finish up the house?"

"Give him time." I replied evenly. "Red is tougher than we all think."

"But even the toughest people can break." Cam frowned.

In my arms Orion cooed gently. I looked down at familiar eyes and felt the gut wrenching loss of Will all over again. I blinked back my tears and I smiled down at the cherub face. "You're my beautiful baby boy aren't you?"

He smiled.

***

A tight two weeks later Orion and I were awaken by the jarring sound of power tools. Orion fussed as I changed and dressed him. My curiosity, as well as my baby's hunger, drove me downstairs. Red was cutting thick pieces of lumber, sending saw dust everywhere. He glanced at me upon our enterence and shut off the saw. "You guys don't need to breathe this in. Go outside with Cam. I'll let you know when we're done."

Business back to usual it seemed as he seemed to hardly glance at the baby. No trace of sorrow was left on his face. He had mourned: now it back to work.

Outside Cam had laid out a blanket with toys. It was sunny and warm. Really Red couldn't have picked a better day or time. "You guys slept in." Cam commented. "Is he hungry?"

I took the bottle, shaking it before Orion latched hungrily on. Sterling was reaching for a toy far out of his reach. "So he's doing better." I commented absentmindedly.

"I think he's just pretending it didn't happen." Cam replied. "But its better than having him stuck in bed."

I shrugged my shoulder. I didn't want Will's memory caste to the side but if I was the only one who would remember him, so be it. "I guess so."

"He says we're behind but it'll all come together by fall."

"And has he thought a name yet?"

"He's calling it the Sterling Inn." Cam replied. "You'll be staying right?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Where else would we go?"

Cam smiled at me and scooped up his son. "I feel like good things are headed our way Mason. I can feel it."

"After all we've been through? We deserve it. I just wish--" I quieted myself and stroked the thin hair on his head. "I'm thankful for Orion. Even though I regret what happened to his father."

"You'll be a great dad Mason. I know you will."

"I hope so."

"I just can't wait to see who they grow up to be."

I smiled. "Me neither."

The End

**So my apologies for my absence. I had some personal stuff going on but I am back and full of ideas. Long story short, I am back and happier than ever! Thank you for your patience and I hope to make up for my disappearance in the weeks to come. I will be creating an update schedule you will god on my bio page.

One thing is that I'm looking for an Editor. Someone who will be able to have a first look at my new work while doing me a huge favor. So if that's something you're interested in let me know!

Sterling Inn will start sometime in May while I work on my other stories and begin updating more. I hope this ending wrapped up good enough. And some open questions will be answered in Sterling Inn. :)

Thank you for reading ❤️❤️