Will Part 2

A/N: a little chapter so I can keep moving with the plot. Comment & Vote

I helped Will out in loose fitting clothes.

He was pale and looked exhausted. I stripped bloody sheets from the bed and replaced them before helping him in. "Do you think I'm being punished Mason?" He asked me softly. "Do you think that all of this happened because I'm a bad person?"

"No honey. Sometime we just get dealt shitty hands."

"I can't have a baby Mason. Please don't make me."

As if I have any type of choice in the matter.

Returning to bed with Marc was hard for me. Just his presence was increasingly trying. "Done coddling the little slut?"

"Not tonight Marc. Seriously."

"I can't believe Red is putting up with his shit," Marc carried on as if I hadn't spoken. "If it were me--"

"Stop it! Why are you being so...evil?"

Marc just laughed. "You're idea of right and wrong is so goddamn black and white. You did your job just fine. You didn't need anyone to rescue you."

My jaw tightened. I had adjusted to my work; it didn't mean I liked it. And not everyone could adjust the way I had. "I thought you did."

Marc went quiet. The cruel smile faded to grim understanding. He went still as if realization of his own actions just occurred to him. I rolled away from him but he touched my shoulder gently. "I don't mean to be like Mason I just..." he was quiet. "You were supposed to be different. We were supposed to be different."

I was supposed to be different? Not brown he meant. My stomach seemed to drop to the floor. "So what? You're going to reject me now?" I whispered, hating how my voice broke at the end.

"Do I have a choice?" He replied quietly. "This isn't working--it won't work. Maybe it'd be best if we went our separate ways. You could go back to work and--"

"Right!" I cried. "Let the whore get back to whoring about, right?"

Marc's eyes flashed. "It's all you've been good at so far. Can't get pregnant, can't keep a mate--"

"Get out."

Marc snorted. "You're still my mate." His eyes turned dark. "At least until morning."

~~~

The next morning he packed up and left my life as abruptly as he had appeared.

I had a full ache inside me from his parting 'gift' and a crushing sense of loneliness inside me. Red was livid, demanding to know what I did to make his Help disappear. But as I crumbles in front of him he understood, or at least got off my back.

"I hoped he would leave."

I set down the wet pot as Adam sat at the table. "Well you got your wish."

"I hope you'll forgive me if my assistance wasn't wanted." He frowned.

"What assistance?"

"For him to feel your pain--it was supposed to bring you together not pull you apart."

I shook my head. "It wouldn't...doesn't matter." I sighed. "He's gone."

"He left with a gift." He commented as he flipped on his journal. "I was told you would make me a sandwich? Only if it's not a bother of course."

"You think him raping me was a gift?" I snapped angrily.

Adam looked startled. "He raped you? That's it. That's what does it." He smiled--actually smiled. "You're a clever man Mason. I'll be back. I'd like ham on wheat if you've got it."

He disappeared and I shook my head.

~~~

"We've got to work tonight hon."

"So you're here to tie me up?" Will asked quietly.

"No. I was thinking maybe you could try it. Sex is good you know. If you let yourself--"

"I can't let them rape me!" He cried angrily. "I won't do it. I'm not a slut."

I sighed and grudgingly went to get Red. "Wait," squeaked Will. "Will you...do it? You'll be careful about...it won't you?"

I glanced at the oh-so-slight rounding and nodded. "Okay Will. I wish you wouldn't make me though."

He just looked away.

QOTC: thoughts? Did Marc leaving seem a little abrupt?