Friendship Is For The Weak

A/N: I know it's short. I really wanted to give you guys an update though. Enjoy!

Peace Out, Girl Scouts

~Kate~

The weeks that followed were pretty lackluster.

Will adjusted to the new schedule but Red's advances were growing painfully obvious. Just knowing that he was untouchable was driving the dominate wolf into a sexual frenzy. Of course Cam was upset and envious and took it out on Will who had no control. But the thing that got me was how Charlie ignored me. I expected him to get over it and our friendship to continue but I got nothing. Normally I'd just assume that was Charlie being Charlie but that argument we had was serious. I was worried that I'd lost my friend.

"What's wrong?"

Sammy, Alex and I were curled up in Sammy's room watching late night TV. It was our off-season still and next week were scheduled to go a to a pack. Which I didn't know. Sometimes he didn't bother to tell us. "Hm?"

Sammy looked at me with his chubby cheeks and baby blue eyes. "You look so sad lately. Is it about...what happened?"

My brand hurt a bit in remembrance but I was able to shrug it off. "No," I managed with a subtle crack in my voice. "It's nothing."

"Is it about Charlie?"

At first I was astonished that Alex knew but I remembered our conversation a few weeks early and it made sense. I slowly nodded my head. "He was right, you know. No one hangs out with him except for us. Now that he's ignoring us he must be so lonely..."

"Charlie, lonely?" Echoed Sammy with a chuckle, shaking his head. "Not likely. Charlie likes to be alone."

I wasn't convinced though. I opened my mouth to reply when a soft, "Can I hang out with you guys?"

We looked at Will who wrung his hands awkwardly as he looked at us shyly through his lashes. "Course." We sat up, making room for him. "What's up?"

"Cam told everyone I was a whore," Will whispered tearfully. "No one wants to talk to me now."

I frowned at Cam's actions but I knew why he did it. He couldn't tell Will to stay away from Red--he was trying to do that already! "It'll go away soon," was my pitiful reply.

Pain shone in his eyes. "I thought people liked me!"

"They do, bud. It's not you."

"I don't want anything to do with that horrible man. He's worse than my father."

That oft me thinking about poor Ryan. I hoped his life wasn't a complete hell now. "It'll get better, Will." Alex replied. Hugging him tightly.

But Will just stiffly replied, "Sure. When I'm legal and he put his filthy hands all over me." He jerked away, looking terrified and angry all at once. Alex looked surprised as he drew back some. "I'm not some whore like you guys! I don't want it!"

Sobbing the new boy fled the room, leaving us very confused. "What the hell was that?" I finally managed to ask, looking at my equally shocked friends.

"No idea." Sammy quipped.

"He's hurting," Alex replied. "He needs time to heal."

For some reason though, despite all of that, Charlie was still stuck in my head. I was that guilty about what happened. "I'll be back guys." I hopped off the bed, walking down the hallway.

No one ever dared enter Charlie's room without explicit permission to do so but I took the handle in my hand and turned it.

Charlie was lounging across his bed, wearing a black t-shirt tat was too large and a pair of gray sweatpants, rolled up to fit his waist. His head snapped to me and a ferocious look entered his eyes, mouth drawing back into a snarl. "What the hell are you doing? Get out."

"No." I shut the door behind me. Closing myself in with the angry omega.

"I'll kick your ass, Mason. I'm not afraid too."

"I'm sorry Charlie. I was an asshole."

"If you're not out by the count of three," began Charlie threateningly getting off the bed.

"A lot of stuff happened at camp a few weeks ago and--"

"One," he cut me off coldly, taking a meaningful step toward me.

"I was in shock," I continued to bravely.

"Two," he growled, stressing the number with another step closer. He was now close enough to deck me if he chose to.

"I just want to be your friend."

For a moment he paused, a look I didn't know crossing over his face. Then his face twisted in a sneer.

He yanked open the door and shoved me out of it.

"Friendship is for the weak," he sneered then slammed the door in my face.

Next Update: Sunday (5/10/15)

-unedited-