Chapter:2

Then I noticed a truck pulling in.

It parked off to the side next to Devon's. The passenger door and the driver door opened. We both saw boots hit the gravel. The passenger side was facing us. I could see denim wrangler jeans. My eyes slowly went up to the face of who it was.

Of course he'd get a legend. He closed the door and turned to look around. Then the other guy moved around the side.

I stood up and went into the stable. I got the trainee horse out and saddled him. He whinnied as I led him to the ring. Once inside I mounted the four year old gelding and rode him around the ring warming him up and wearing him down.

Once he was halfway tired I started the course with him. A few times after he acted up he got the idea of what I wanted. After going through the course twice I finally thought he was done. I dismounted and loosened the cinch.

As I led him to his stall my brother was walking down the isle with the two bull riders probably showing them around the place. I put him in the cross ties and took the saddle off before setting it on the saw horse next to his stall.

I then went back with his halter and switched it out. Then brushed him down and put him in his stall. As I was latching the door I heard the bus pull up. I walked outside quickly to greet the kids, age ranging from seven to twelve.

There were six boys and eighteen girls who will be at the camp this month. They all had their bags full of clothes and a set of bedding. Devon was already setting the bags in the back of his truck along with the things needed.

"Good afternoon boys and girls. How are you doing today?" I asked. They all responded in different ways. "Alrighty let's get y'all set up in your bunkhouse." I said. Then led the way to the bunkhouses closest to the stable.

The boys were in one while the girls were in the other. They all grabbed their bags and picked out their bunks. "When do we get to ride the horses?" One of the girls asked. "Tomorrow after breakfast we'll all go to the stables and pick out which horse you want to ride for camp." I answered her. She nodded.

After two hours of getting everything settled I had them rounded up to go to the stable so they could see the horses. Devon and Gabby were talking to them in the ring while I put a hackamore on my horse and saddle my mom's mares. My brother put the trainee horse out into the paddock earlier so the kids didn't see him.

I led the three horses to the ring and put the reins on my horse's neck while leading the two with mine following. The kids oohed and awed at the three horses. Devon took one of the mares while Gabby the other.

I mounted my horse and showed them what they'll be attempting. As soon as I reached them horseback I slowed down enough for them to pet him. Sky High, my gelding that I compete with let them.

As soon as I was center ring I had him bow down. I dismounted and had him stand to his feet. Then let them come out to pet, stroke, and scratch him and the other two. I looked over seeing my brother and the bull riders. I know my brother saw my performance for the kids.

When supper was ready the kids were corralled for the meal. I sat down across from a few girls who immediately started asking me questions about the sport.

A plate was sat next to me. Then the chair was pulled out. "Mind if I sit here?" I looked up over my shoulder seeing clearly Mason Lowe. I honestly didn't know that was who was with JB Mauney. "Sure." I answered. He sat down next to me and said hello to the girls in front of him.

They giggled. I shook my head. Little girls and bull riders.