Chapter:19

I woke up to a bang downstairs. I got out of bed bending my knee first then going downstairs. In the living room was a tall, lean, sun tanned, muscular guy. "I'm sorry to intrude but I forgot to return my key." He said. H.O.L.Y.C.O.W. His deep voice. "Um how did you get through the gate?" I asked him. "Oh your boyfriend let me in." He said.

Good grief Mason. "Thank you." I said quietly so he couldn't hear. "So why exactly did you leave here?" I asked him. "Of course my ex." He said. "Yeah. She's been coming by almost every day. I've became quite fond of the sheriff coming out that he now makes a daily trip to make sure she hasn't came out. Even gave him the gate code." I said. He scoffed.

"Yeah. He became my best buddy after the breakup." He said. "So how's Texas?" I asked. "Might move back. But don't have the ranch." He said. "You could be the ranch hand. You know the ranch better than I do anyways." I said. "And what would the requirements be?" He asked. "Take care of all of the horses while I'm gone competing, fix fences, and help sort out the weanlings." I said.

"Sounds like a horse ranch." He said. "Mostly. I do have mares for breeding and I do make profits off of selling them, but I also train and compete in western pleasure." I said. He shrugged. "How soon could I start?" He asked. "How about this weekend. I've got a competition and need someone to watch the ranch for five days." I said. He nodded. "I can do that." He said.

"Unless you wanna go ahead and get acquainted with the horses and put them in the paddocks then clean the stalls out." I said. "Might as well get aquatinted." He said. We shook hands and he got to work. Mason came into the house a few seconds after he left. "So was that?" He asked. "Yup. And is now a ranch hand on his former ranch." I said. "So what exactly is he doing?" Mason asked. "Mucking stalls and taking care of the horses this weekend." I said.

He pulled me to him. "As long as he doesn't puts his hands on you I'm fine with him working here. But you and I get to have a date night four nights a week." He said. "In no particular order?" I asked him. "In no particular order." He said. "Then in the days I'm leaving we get to go eat out every night and hang out." I said. He kissed me.

"Oh but wait until your legal." He said. "I know twelve more days." I said my arms wrapped around his neck my fingers playing with the nape of his hair. "Then date night will be entertaining." He said. "You know I don't wanna do that stuff." I told him. "I know baby. We'll have more eat in, movie nights than go to the bar for a few drinks and fun nights." He said. I kissed his cheek. Him just holding me felt good. I picked my right leg up stretching the muscles.

"Sore from standing?" He asked. "No. My therapist said to bend it every now and then when I'm not moving on it. Until the end of the month." I said. He kissed my forehead. "Would you like to go get dressed and go on a trail ride with me?" He asked. I kissed him once more before going to change out of my bed clothes.

After getting onto the trail we started talking. "Baby you know I was joking when I said I couldn't ride?" He asked. "No." I said. "Baby. I've been on the back of a horse since before middle school." He said. "How so?" I asked. "I've been roping since the beginning of middle school and do mostly team roping. So would you mind if I bought one of the three year olds from you and use him as a roping horse?" He asked. "Your so low sometimes." I said. He chuckled.

"Oh how I love it when you joke." He said. I shoved him off the horse he was riding. "How about I make dinner tonight and love on you." He said. "Hm. Let me think about it. Cowboy." I said before turning the horse I was riding around. "Please baby. I'm sorry." I stopped my horse. I looked back seeing him back on his horse riding to me.

I smirked before taking off for the stable. Once back I dismounted trick style and put him on the auto walker after taking his saddle and bridle off. Mason grabbed me and pressed me against the wall kissing me. "Love you baby. You know I love everything about you." He said before one more kiss. I grabbed his belt loops pulling him closer to me.

He pressed himself closer to me. I could feel every inch of him against me. "You might need to take care of a little problem before it gets out of hand." I told him. "Baby. As long as it's put away it won't get out of hand." He said before kissing me. "Would you like to go up to the house and watch a movie?" He asked. "As long as you take care of that." I told him.

"I will baby." He said still holding me against him. I kissed his cheek before going up to the house.

Mason

Anything I need to worry about?" Michael said. "Nope." I said. "Then you might wanna take care of that in the bathroom. Unless you plan on doing it with her." He said. "Not until after I marry her." I told him adjusting myself in my jeans. "After she becomes your fiancée it will be easier to keep it under control. As long as you claim her by putting your brand on her no other guy will try to get ahold of her." He told me. I nodded before going out of the stable to get rid of the bulge in my pants.