Chapter:15

"And how have you been Mr. Ericson?" Mason asked. "Don't call me that it makes me feel like my daddy. And I'm just fine." The man said. "Well Joshua this is Zoe Mison, Zoe Joshua Ericson." Mason said introducing us.

"Nice to meet you ma'am." Joshua said. "Nice to meet you too sir." I said. "So these are your yearlings." He said. "Yes sir and I've already got another bunch on their way. This group ranges from eight months to two years old." I said. "When's their weaning age?" He asked. "Seven months." I answered.

"After their dams start to wean them?" He asked. "I try to go a week before their dams start to wean them off." I said. "How many are there?" He asked. "This year, Twenty. In a usually year closer to thirty." I said. "Mind if I go out and look at them?" He asked.

"Not at all." I told him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Toby. She'll be fine. I'll make sure she doesn't walk around too much." I heard Mason say. "I still don't trust you with my sister." Toby said. I pulled on a pair of Levi jeans and my boots my jeans covered my cast. I packed three more pairs in a bag along with three long sleeve shirts.

I then packed the rest of my clothes and set them outside my room. Then hollered down the stairs. "Hey twenty five year old. I'm two years older than an eighteen year old. The legal age is eighteen. Your no longer my guardian as of my eighteenth birthday." I yelled.

I picked up my bag and carried it down the stairs. As I got to the door Mason was there helping me with my coat and bag. He had my bag on his shoulder. "Zoe you can't go." Toby said. "And why not?" I asked. "Because you don't need to go with a guy so much older than you." He said.

"And yet you'd let me go with one of your buddies that is close to seven years older than me. I trust him more than one of your buddies." I told him. "So you can get off your high horse and deal with your own bull sh-- because I've got enough horse sh-- to deal with."

I then opened the door and went out. As soon as I reached my tailgate I leaned against it. I couldn't take it anymore. The door closed. Gravel crunched. I didn't look up. The sound of gravel stopped. I looked over at the pair of boots connected to a pair of legs.

"Do you want to still go?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah." I said. "I'll help you in." He said leading the way to the passenger side. He opened the door letting me get in. I hopped once before pulling myself into the cab. "You in?" He asked. "Yeah." I said.

He closed the door sticking my crutches in the backseat with my bag. I buckled as he got in. "After Sunday could we go check out the ranch?" I asked him. "Yeah." He said. I sat there quietly riding along. "Zoe." "Zoe." "Huh?" I finally snapped out of my gaze seeing we were in Tulsa. "Would you like anything to drink?" Mason asked.

"Uh yeah." I said. "Took me a few times to get your attention." He said. "Sorry too much time on the road. Learned to stare at the road and what's ahead of me." I said. "Baby girl. I wouldn't worry about it. We're halfway to the city anyway." He said as we pulled into a sonic.

"What did I say..." He cut me off by putting his lips on mine. He quickly unbuckled me and put the console up. He then pulled me closer to him he deepened the kiss wrapping his arms around me. My hands found his hair. I could soon feel him pressed against my bottom.

I was the first one to pull back this time. He had a look of confusion on his face. "I'm sorry. I freaked." I said looking away from him. "Zoe." He said bringing my head back to his face. "You don't need to be sorry. I should have asked before doing it." He said then kissed my forehead.

He hugged me tight. "I'm sorry for that. I've been wanting to since we got into the truck." He said. I kissed him. He kissed back. I bit his bottom lip. He growled lightly and licked my bottom lip. I let him in. This time he went slow.

I melted into his touch. He broke the kiss this time. "What would you like to drink?" He asked. "Sprite with strawberry added in." I said. He helped me back into my seat and ordered our drinks. After getting our drinks we got back on the road.

An hour later we were stuck in traffic. I had already shifted in my seat multiple times. Mason chuckled. "Hey I've been sitting too long that my butt has gone numb." I told him. He laughed. "I'm not joking!" I said cracking a smile.

As soon as we got to the Chesapeake Energy arena he got out. I was out on my left foot before he could even get around. He handed me my crutches. "It's only morning but I should go see who's here." He said. After walking up to the doors I was almost worn out. "Wanna take a break?" Mason asked as we got to the doors. "I'm good." I said catching my breath.

"You have one better leg than I do." I told him. "Wanna piggyback ride?" He asked. "You sure?" I asked. "Definitely." He said. I let him carry me for several yards before I had caught my breath. "May I walk again?" I asked him. "Not for a few more minutes." He said as he carried my crutches.

Once we got to where we were heading he set me down. "You should be good here. I'll be back in a few minutes." He said. I sat down on the bench and played on my phone until he came back.