Chapter:17

I watched as the country side rolled by. We passed Neosho, Missouri with just about a half hour to go. "We'll go through my hometown instead of Pardy on our way to Cassville." He said. Oh yay. I'll get to see his hometown! I know I didn't sound enthusiastic but I was up late last night after Mason made the top three and went out to celebrate with the guys.

He had dropped me off at the motel so I could bathe up and get some rest. Three hours later he was stumbling in. He tried to get into the bed I was in but ended up in the floor. I shoved him off with my left foot at his hips. He's lucky it wasn't his abdomen. This morning he woke up with a hangover. I fell asleep letting the truck lull me to sleep.

"Zoe." I woke up looking over at him. "We're in Exeter, five minutes from the ranch." He said. I nodded. Then yawned. I sat up better as I saw a ranch with a for sale sign come into view. A woman in stilettos was standing on the porch talking on the phone. Mason pulled over to the side of the road as a sheriff's car pulled in along with a plain car following.

"Looks like someone trespassing." He said. We waited until the sheriff convinced the lady that she shouldn't be on the property at all and that it was for sale. "Looks like if I do buy it I'm going to install a passcode so only me, friends and family could enter." I said. "I could arrange that." He said. I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Baby you don't know all of the connections I know." He said as the lady left along with the sheriff. Mason waved at the sheriff before pulling in. "Definitely should go with metal fencing all the way to the house and around the property." He said. "Might have to." I said. "And put barbed wire between the pipes."

He parked and helped me out. The first thing to look at was the house. It was nice. The master bedroom was in a separate space than the rest of the house. There were four bedrooms and two bathrooms upstairs one jointed to a bedroom as if it was another master suite. "Now there are two master suites. The one away from everything else downstairs was used for a ranch hand." The lady said.

We then went out to see the stables. I already saw a place for an indoor arena that could be built. Once she said the price I looked at my financial and saw I had enough for the full price if I got a loan. "I'll put an offer in full amount." I said. "Alright I will let the seller know about your offer and get word back to you." The lady said as we were gathered near Mason's truck.

It was almost six by the time we were done looking at the property. "How about instead of going back to your place we stay at mine for the night." He said. "I don't care at this point." I said. "Tired?" He asked. I nodded. I almost fell asleep in the five minutes to his house.

"Oh my sisters are over." That's what pulled me from my sleep. "Wait here while I deal with a pest problem." He said. I watched as he got out and went through the back gate. A few seconds later he came out with two girls over his shoulders. "You should have called first!" One said. "Sorry but it's my house. I should take my keys from y'all." He said setting them down. "Why?" The other asked.

Mason cleared his throat. "Oh you've got a girl. What are y'all gonna do? Play hanky panky?" The first one said. "You know I don't do that. Especially when I'm not engaged to the girl." He said. "Oh so are you dating her?" The second asked. "How about you two run along and leave me be." He said. "We're telling our parents!" The second one said before getting into a vehicle.

As soon as they were gone Mason helped me out and inside. "Why don't you go get cleaned up while I make us some food." He said. I nodded. He told me where the bathroom was as he took my bag to a room across from the master. I got my bed clothes out and went to the bathroom. I sat on the edge of the tub giving myself a sponge bath.

I then washed my hair and wrapped it in a towel. Then put my underwear on. I put my sport shorts on and the shirt Mason never got back. I then went into the kitchen. I sat down in a chair at the table and tried to move another for my right leg. Mason quickly grabbed a pillow and moved the chair to where my knee would be under the pillow.

"Thank you." I said. "No problem. Sorry about my sisters. They've been waiting for me to bring someone home." He said. "I bet. And yet when a guy comes into their life wanting to date them the brother gets all protective and asks millions of questions." I said. "Don't I know it." He said chuckling. He then set a plate in front of me then one at the place to my left. I took a bite of the plain meal of macaroni and cheese with hamburger meat.

As soon as I was done I excused myself to go to bed. "I'll see you in the morning?" He said.

Mason

Argh. I want to ask her but when is the right time? I enjoyed hanging out with her this weekend and would love to spend more time with her. I hope she gets the ranch. If that's not enough money then I'll pitch in money to help her buy it.