Chapter 22

*Noel pov*

Light filtered in the room. I blinked lazily as my tired eyes scanned my hospital room. I inhaled sharply and regretted it instantly. My chest felt as if I had eaten a coffee mug and it broke inside my chest. Every breath was the most unbearable pain. I closed my eyes and began concentrating on sound. Somewhere in the room there was the gentle sound of a guitar. I try to just listen to that sound, but the throbing in my head won't allow me to. I almost give up, until I hear singing. It's smooth and there was tons of emotion, one in particular.

I can be your hero baby,

I can kiss away the pain,

I will stand by you forever,

Noel....(his voice breaks) you take my breath away.

The Rhythm of the guitar continues, but the only other sound there was, was the beeping of the machine I'm hooked up to, and the sound of Louis' distressed cries.

"Louis." I croak. and the pain in my chest is more unbearable. the machine beeps faster, and I know I'm risking my life by talking.

"Noel?" I hear him reply. I don't have time to savor the moment because my head is spinning and pain, pain is the only thought that is registering.

"Louis...I'm sorry." I manage to say before my mind shuts down and it fades to black. It's like falling asleep. Peaceful, no pain. Just, quiet.

*Louis' pov*

She closed her eyes and her chest stopped moving. The machine, instead of its constant beeping, that has given me so much comfort these past four days is now a constant squeal.

"No no no no! Noel you can't do this!" I say panic seeping into every ounce of my mind. she can't do this.

"Fight Noel! FIGHT!" I scream at her. the room is now filled with doctors and nurses. They try to pull me out of the room, but I won't leave her. I can feel tears running down my face and feel the? hole in my heart widening, into this huge black hole that is sucking all the happiness out of my being.

Eventually the nurses call security and they drag me out of the room. Kicking and screaming. I claw at there arms. I can't leave her! She needs me! "LET ME GO!!" I scream and elbow one guard in the nose. He swears and his grip on me rows tighter. I sob, and sob. I can't fight back I'm to drained.

"Noel. please. Fight for us."

--------------------Authors note------------------------------

There are only three chapters of I Can Be Your Hero, left! so hang in there readers, it's gonna be a bumpy road. Also! I have started a new story. It's called Waiting For Him. please read and enjoy!

Tanks!

Niallersgal15