Chapter 16 - I hope you're happy with yourself

Dan's feet thundered against the ground as he sprinted down the street. The cold air of the night cooling his rosy cheeks from all the running and anger; he just didn't understand why Tyler wouldn't listen to him. He said he didn't want to hook up -mainly because he knew he liked Phil - but Tyler still goes and sets him up with a stupid bitch.

He pulled out his phone and flicked through his contacts until Phil's name appeared and he clicked on the phone symbol praying that Phil would pick up. It rang four times until it was cut off: he hung up. Dan groaned in anger and ran his hands through his hair angrily. Why wasn't Phil answering? Was he still at the party?

All Dan wanted to do was speak to Phil; to hear his perfect, deep voice, which could easily calm him, but he couldn't, so he had no other choice but to let out his anger.

He made his way to the local park; pushing through the rusty gate before kicking over the bin to the right of him. Giggling came over from behind the slide, but Dan couldn't quite make out the two figures in the darkness.

"Chris, someone's here," one of them hissed whilst still giggling. "Chris!"

Dan frowned slightly and began to make his way over to the swings which were sat opposite the slide. He began to swing in one, whilst keeping his eyes on the couple and he couldn't help but envy them. He wanted that with someone, but he was also beginning to realise that he didn't just want it with anyone; he wanted it with a certain someone.

"Wait, is that Dan?" one of the boys hissed.

"Dan who?"

"Howell you idiot," he hissed, while pulling the other up.

The two boys stepped out into the light of the street lamp to reveal a flustered Chris and Pj. They began to make their way towards Dan and Dan smiled slightly, as he may as well try to be friendly to the boy he loves friends.

"Oh hi, Dan," Chris spat with disgust. "I hope you're happy with yourself."

"Excuse me?" Dan frowned unimpressed. "What are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about, Howell," Chris frowned, but Pj nudged him in the ribs.

"No, I don't," Dan frowned. "Where's Phil?"

"Chris, I don't think he does know, so lets just go," Pj hissed, whilst yanking on Chris' arm. "Chris, come on."

Chris and Pj began to make their way out of the park, while Dan sat completely confused by what had just happened. He stood abruptly from the swing and ran over to Pj, grabbing his arm.

"Get off of my boyfriend!" Chris yelled angrily whilst yanking off Dan's hand. "Touch him again and I knock your lights out."

"Tell me what you're talking about?" Dan yelled in response. "Or I knock your lights out!"

"Phil would really be impressed by that wouldn't he?" Chris crooked an eyebrow and took Pj's hand in his.

"Chris, I honestly don't know what you're talking about, so please just tell me. Is Phil okay, he would't answer my call?" Dan sighed, as he was too tired for this.

"You tried to call him?" Pj piped in shocked.

"Yeah, I saw you guys come in but I hadn't seen him anywhere, so I was worried," Dan gulped. He couldn't believe that he had just confessed that to Phil's best mates.

"Oh, well Phil is okay but-" Pj started but Chris yanked his arm to cut him off.

"Phil is at home," Chris stated. "He's just fine. Now if you don't mind, we're going to go home."