Chapter 4 - Snapchat?

Phil opened up his front door, stepping into the cold house that he called home; there was shouting coming from upstairs and he guessed that his parents were arguing - again. They had been arguing every night this week and Phil was getting sick of it, having to hear the constant snapping and yelling every day.

"I don't care!" his mother shouted, but this time he could hear the tears behind her tone. "I want you to leave!"

Phil's breath hitched when his father stormed out of one of the rooms, glaring at Phil on the way out and spitting, "This is all your fault!" He slammed the front door, causing the vase on the cupboard to fall and shatter to the floor.

Taking a deep breath, Phil made his way up the stairs to his bedroom, slipping inside before his mother could see him and throw more insults at him about everything he did. Phil's mum and dad hated the way Phil dressed, felt, and everything else that made Phil, Phil.

Wearing black clothes, piercings and dying his hair black wasn't okay for a teenager of his age to wear, but he just brushed it off, not caring whether they agreed or not - it is his life.

He swung his bag to his bed and let out a long breath before noticing his phone flashing on his duvet. A smile formed on his lips once he saw Dan's name and immediately opened up the text message.

Dan - Add me on snapchat? Dan_Howell;)

Phil - Of course!

Phil opened up snapchat and added Dan, sending a pic soon after:

Dan_Howell;) - Hey! Nice pic ;P

Phil_Lester - I'm gonna give you a nickname x

Dan_Howell;) - I look forward to it x

Phil changed Dan_Howell;) nickname to 'Shy Boy'

Shy Boy - Hey! I am not shy! x

Phil_Lester - Don't lie, Dan! You are shy around me :P x

Dan changed your nickname to 'Nerd'

Nerd - Haha Nice one! x

Dan smiled down at his phone, butterflies erupting in his stomach every time Phil would reply and a blush had crept onto his cheeks without him noticing

"You texting your girlfriend, Danny?" Dan's mum teased from the other side of the island in the kitchen.

Dan's head shot up, his eyes wide and he choked, "N-no."

"Yeah you are. You're getting all nervous," she smiled, resembling a teenage girl. Dan's mother never had really matured since she was around seventeen, so it was like living with a sibling. "And your cheeks are getting redder."

"It's not a girl! I don't have a girlfriend!" Dan snapped and his mum held her hands up in defence. "Just leave it."

"So it's a boy?"

"Mum," Dan groaned. "Fine, yes. It's a boy, but we're just friends."

She clasped her hands together and looked up to the ceiling, "My son loves a boy! I'm so bloody happy right now, because Harry is definitely straight."

Dan couldn't resist a smile at how calm his mother was about him liking a boy, did he like Phil?

Ha, what was he kidding. Of course he did! Who wouldn't fall for them eyes?

"I'm not gay, I'm bi."

"Thats totally fine, Dan," his mother smiled, running around the island to wrap her son up in a tight embrace. "I love you, so much!"

Dan chuckled quietly, "I love you too, mum."

"What's going on? What did I miss?" Harry wandered into the kitchen, frowning at the scene in front of him.

Dans mum leant back from the hug, with an even wider grin on her face, "Dan likes someone."

"Oh, who's the lucky girl?" Harry smirked.

"Boy," Dan's mum corrected.

Harry raises his eyebrows, "Oh, sorry. Who's this lucky boy?"

Dan groaned into his palms, hating the awkward conversation currently taking place in his kitchen, "No one."

"Is it that Phil guy in your year?" Harry winked. "He's not bad looking, you know? And I'm straight!"

Dan's mum jumped on both feet, giggling, "Ooh, I want to meet him!"

"Mum, you're acting like a teenage girl!" Dan whined.

"A mother can't get excited about her son's first real crush?"

Dan frowned, "You know I've had other girlfriends, though."

"Yeah, but you never blushed this much!" Dan' mum giggled, grabbing a pear on her way out of the kitchen. "Invite him over for dinner tomorrow!"

Harry nudged Dan's arm playfully, "I can't wait lil bro!"

Shy Boy - Do you want to do revision at mine tomorrow? You can stay for dinner. x

Nerd - Yeah, sounds good! x

-------------------

A/N: I know that Harry isn't Dan's brothers real name, but I didn't want to use the real one.

Thanks for reading :P