Chapter 41

Kat's POV:

************FEW DAYS LATER*********************

I was one of the first to hear about the werewolf attack on the little Montgomery boy. The rumor was that it was Greyback, but from what I saw of him undercover I know that it isn't a rumor but the harsh truth. He takes pleasure in killing and turning others, he is like Talan in the sense that he is a natural monster. I will take great pleasure when he meets his match and is destroyed, and I feel no guilt for that.

I wrote a letter to Remus asking him to meet me at Hogwarts as soon as he could. I needed to speak to him about Tonks to make that thick head of his see reason, and I know that Dumbledore will want his report now. Katie returned to school a few days ago, and Hagrid's arachnid friend died the other day. Harry spent the evening with him, I smelled him leave the castle under his cloak. I thought about stopping him, but he has his own mission to complete I'm afraid.

I walked along the corridor, not really hungry for dinner but I know that I should go. It's a full moon tomorrow and I'll need any type of strength I can get I'm afraid. I make it to the seventh floor corridor, when I hear shouting. I listen closer before I start rushing towards the boys bathroom. I recognize two of the voices, Harry and Malfoy. I hear another voice, a girl's voice shout 'Murder! Murder in the Bathroom! Murder,' just as I rush through the doors.

I find myself looking at Harry who's staring ashen faced at Malfoy on the floor. I vamp out as the scent of Malfoy's blood reaches my nose, and it's then that I notice all the blood rushing along the tiles of the floor. Not two seconds after I came through the door Severus rushes in and immediately starts to tend to Malfoy. I watch as the wounds start the heal before he helps him up and carries him to hospital wing.

"And you, Potter.....You wait here for me, with Miss Harrison." (S)

I try to comfort Harry but with the ghost girl's constant wailing it was difficult to do. Truthfully though, I needed some comforting as well as dark as the spell that Harry used was. I can still sense the dark magic lingering in the air around us, and it's not something I expected from Harry. Severus returns after a bit and seems to discover the reason for Harry knowing the spell.

"Bring me your school bag, and all of your schoolbooks. All of them. Bring them to me here. Now!" (S)

I watch as Harry runs from the bathroom, and Severus...well Severus is unusually quiet for a few minutes. He turns towards me and his glare softens a bit in his eyes. I can only imagine how I look right now, still trying to learn how Harry came across such a dangerous spell. My face a mixture of shock and slight pain as the scent of the blood still on the blood calls out to me.

"Are you all right?" (S)

"Yes...yes, I'm fine. I arrived after the fighting was over. That.....that spell, it was dark I can still feel the presence of it in this room. You know where he learned it don't you?" (K)

"Yes. It is one of the spells that I invented." (S)

"You invented that.....Severus why?" (K)

"You know of my past, surely you can guess the answer Katherine. I recommend leaving this room, the blood is obviously having an effect on you." (S)

I give him a nod as I prevent myself from taking one last breath of the tempting smell, before I run out of the room. I keep sprinting away, down the hallway and out the front door, as everything passes by me in a colorful blur. I don't stop sprinting until I reach the edge of the Forbidden Forest, and I feel the cool nip of the spring time air.

I know immediately that I've overdone it on the vamp sprinting for tonight as my legs start shaking. I take a deep breath, un-vamping as I feel my legs buckle from under me, breathing in the scents of the forest. I've never been more worried for Harry and the things that are to come in the next few months. I feel my arms wrap around my body and my only wish is that it was George's arms around me right now. Oh George how I miss you.