Chapter 42

Kat's POV:

My actions earn another laugh from my lips as he jumps in his seat, turning to look at me in surprise, before turning bright red and smiling at me as I sit across from him. I take a quick look at the table we're sitting at and then I realize that this is the table that we first sat at together, when he asked me as quickly as he could to be his girlfriend.

We both seemed so much younger, and we didn't have a clue as to what was in store for either of us on the day he asked. I never would have guessed at everything we've gone through since that fateful fall day. We were both nervous, but it's the memory of how nervous he was to ask me that makes me smile and let out a soft laugh as I look at him.

"Want to tell me what's so funny love?" (G)

"I was thinking about the first time we came here together. Do you remember? You were so nervous I couldn't understand your question." (K)

"Oh, haha, yeah I remember. I remember how beautiful you looked that day too, just as beautiful as you do today." (G)

"I'm sure the draining effects of the full moon were a positive as well." (K)

"I didn't notice any difference, your beauty is never changing no matter how drained you may be at times." (G)

I feel my face blush as he tells me that and I can't help but look away from those lovely brown eyes of his. I hear him move his hands off the table and he brings up a bouquet of sorts, a bouquet that makes me laugh again as he hands them out to me.

"You got me a bouquet of blood pops?" (K)

"Unless you want to send them to your cousin as a prank." (G)

The reminder of my excuse for buying blood pops on our first date makes both of us laugh a bit. I take the blood pops from him and smile as I look at how many he got me. Enough for each moon phase to have a little pick-me-up during the day, for the rest of the school year at least. I hear his steady heartbeat increase a bit as he looks at me. The laughter gone from his eyes and a steady nervousness taking its place.

"Katherine?" (G)

"Yes George?" (K)

"Wouldyouliketobemywife?" (G)

"Slower please Georgie. I have improved hearing, not super hearing." (K)

"Would you like to be my wife?" (G)

I watch as he pulls out the ring he gave me once before, but I notice that it has added diamonds around the sapphire stone. I smile as he looks at me with the nervous look still in his eyes. I laugh a bit as I hold out my left hand, watching as he slowly slides the ring onto my ring finger.

"Oh you silly man. I've already answered that one before, my answer hasn't changed and it never will." (K)

George's POV:

I feel my heart become lighter than air when Kitty says that and I smile as I slide the ring up her finger. I stand from my chair and walk next to her, pulling her closer to my chest as my lips meet hers. I brush my fingers through her soft curls before I hear a whistle behind me. I smirk some as I pull away from her and a look of disappointment crosses her face. I kiss her once more before I lean back.

"She said yes!" (G)

Our friends that have already left school, my parents, my older brothers minus the git Percy, and her family all jump up from around the Three Broomsticks. Yelling surprise and congrats at us. I watch as Kitty's face goes from shock to surprise, to a look that I will always recognize as love. I keep staring at her, and her smile, as she hugs everyone and speaks to everyone.

I feel my dad and brothers pat me on the shoulder, telling me how proud they are. I get a bone crushing hug from my mum and Kat's, and even pats on the back from her uncles and cousins. I get threats from both Scar and Krum about how I better never hurt her again, but none of the threats or teasing removes the smile from my face as I stare at my future by my side.

****************AFTER PARTY*********************

I kept my smile throughout the entire engagement party and it finished without a single hitch. I was walking back to the castle with Kitty, to spend the night, thinking about the party. Though I can't recall what the food or the drinks tasted like, in fact I can't even remember the words that were said.

All I can remember is the smile on her face and the fact that she didn't flinch not once. I squeeze her hand as we get back onto Hogwarts ground, so incredibly happy when she spins closer into my chest looking up at me with a smile. I run a hand through her soft curls as she lays her hands on my chest, smiling up at me with those sparkling blue eyes of hers.

"Better than the first time then love?" (G)

"It's not the proposal or the party that makes it good George." (K)

"What is it then?" (G)

"The man proposing." (K)

She leans up on her toes as her hand comes to rest on my cheek and I can't help but smile as I meet her half-way for a kiss. I feel her soft curls between my fingers, and the thought that she's truly mine makes me smile as I stare down at her. I won't ever lose her like I did the first time we tried this, I won't let her just walk away from me or be taken ever again.

As the kiss deepens, I slide my arms around her waist pulling her closer to me still. My smile grows larger as  I realize that I won't ever have to miss her again, because I'll always be by her side now. I feel her pull away after a few minutes and I look down to meet her eyes with mine, her smile matching my own.

"Well Mr. George Weasley I think it's time we go inside before we're caught by a teacher or worse a student."

"I couldn't agree more future Mrs. Katherine Weasley."

"Katherine Weasley. You know I rather like the sound of that that."

I smile at her again as she moves to my side and we start our way into the castle. Katherine Harrison Weasley, my own little dhamphir to love and to hold for the rest of our lives.