Chapter 8

George's POV:

"So, what did he say?" (F)

"That he couldn't tell me where she was going or what she was doing because she made him promise not to." (G)

"What about sending letters?" F)

"She may not be able to respond to them very easily without getting caught, so we aren't advised to send them." (G)

I feel Fred give my shoulder a squeeze as I pass by him going up the stairs and into our loft space. I walk into my room and shut the door before sitting down at my desk. Dumbledore finally told me that it was a dangerous job that she agreed to do in an attempt to keep one of us from doing it. If something happens to her though and she doesn't know how much I still care for her, I don't know what I'll do.

I reach into my shirt and pull out the silver chain with her ring on it, that I wear every day. I clutch it into my fist as tears begin to fill my eyes and I beg them not to fall again today. But as I stare at the picture of her on my desk, one that the Creevey boy took without her knowing, I can't help but let the tears slip onto my cheeks again.

The picture is a simple one of her laughing at something that I said to Fred before pushing him into the lake. You can't see me or Fred, the only occupant in the picture is Katherine, laughing by the lake at Hogwarts. She's wearing muggle clothing, looking as beautiful as the day was long. I feel the tears continue down my face as I begin to trace her face with my eyes.

Her eyes as they sparkled when she laughed, how long has it been since I've seen them in person? What if I never get to see them again? The curls in her hair bouncing as she tossed her head back. What if I never get to run my fingers through them again? Her laugh making everyone around her join in. What if I never get to hear it again? What if I don't get to tell her that I missed her, that I miss her too?

Fred's POV:

I watched as George walked up the stairs to his room, after answering my questions in a dead and hopeless sounding voice. I finished sweeping up the shop, as Lee restocked the shelves, thinking of the problem at hand. I want my twin back, and the only way to do that is to somehow get them back together. The only problem is that they are both two of the most stubborn creatures I've ever met when it comes to talking to one another.

I've asked mum and she said she's working on it, but that it may take some time for her plan to work. Whatever that means. It may take more time than it normally would too thanks to Bill picking Fleur to be his. Mum simply loves her, almost as much as we love Snape at times.

"Oi! Fred, all done yet?" (L)

"Yeah mate, be right down." (F)

I vanish the broom back into the cupboard, before heading back down the stairs. I watch as Lee sets out the final batch of Peruvian darkness powder, before carefully stepping away from the shelf.

"Looks good mate. Now about tonight, double date or single date?" (F)

"Alicia said her and Angelina wanted to double date. So double if it's ok with you." (L)

"Sure, sure. See yah at 8 at Alicia's place." (F)

I watch him nod and smile before apparating to his place to start getting ready. I lock up the store and place all the alarms and hexes on it before walking up the stairs to the loft. I walk in and lock the door behind me as and added precaution, before walking towards my room. I only make it to George's door before a sound stops me, the sound of George crying.

I haven't seen him cry, like really cry, since we were little and the sound breaks my heart. I wish I could do more for him, and Kat because I know she's hurting just as bad. But I've done everything that I can do for now. You can't help those that won't take your advice, I've tried before and I'll try again but it's up to them now.

I let out a tired sigh and make my way into my room to get ready to meet up with Angelina before going over to Alicia's. I asked George earlier today if he wanted to join us and he said no. I can only imagine his answer hasn't changed at all since then. Merlin's beard, why can't they just accept that they both miss each other and make up already? Life would be easier and happier for everyone I'm sure.