Chapter 7

Kat's POV:

"You must promise to keep in touch as much as you can. I'll owl when the office in London opens. You have a job with us no matter where you live though, even if I have to open a new office, that I will personally guarantee." (Rolf)

"Haha thanks Rolf and don't worry I will. Now take care of the niffler for me, and Biscuit. I'll never understand how you got away with not cutting the forked tail off, but he looks cuter with it on." (K)

"Why do you think I left it on haha. Bye dear, and don't put that red-hair beau of yours through too much hell when you get back." (Rolf)

I watch as he disapparates from Vik's house with a wink just as I go to push his shoulder. I swear he is too much sometimes. I hear Vik's laugh from behind me and I turn to see him looking at me with a grin. I shake my head at him before I take his hand and we walk out into his living room together. My trunk and Moonlight already packed up and waiting by the fireplace.

"Vell Kitty, I vish you vould stay longer. Vut I know I cannot change your mind." (V)

"I'm afraid not Vik. Do me a favor though, win every Quidditch match you can?" (K)

"Alvays. I love you kitty." (V)

"Love you too Vikki." (K)

He helps me push my trunk into the fireplace before we send it to my London house. I turn back to him just in time for him to wrap me in his arms and hug me tightly. I smile into his chest as he crushes me just a bit, knowing that it could be a while until I see him again. Longer still if something goes wrong with my job for the Order. I finally pull myself away from him and grab Moonlight in her carrier into my arms before stepping into the flames. I smile at him as he waves goodbye with a small grin of his own before I floo to my home in London.

I arrive with a semi-decent landing for once and let Moonlight out of her carrier. I send my trunk upstairs before I look around the living room. I spot a few items out of place but before I can worry about them I hear footsteps behind me. I spin around and shoot a curse in that direction only to hit Michael with it.

"Eh luv, if we ad known yeh woulda be sendin curses our way we woulda coughed or sometin." (Mike)

"Tha we woulda luv. Is cursin yeh friends anyway to say ello?" (John)

"Mus be an American thin eh?" (Mike)

I can't help the smile on my face as I sprint towards them and hug them both at the same time. They laugh a bit but return my hug as best they can. I pull away from them and see that Michael has a long cut on his face that is taking it's time healing. John has similar ones on his arms.

Without asking what happened I pull them both into the kitchen before I start going through the cabinets looking for one of the bottles of dittany and a bottle of my tears. I hand them each a bag of human blood that I keep on hand just for them, before I pour some of both the dittany and tears onto a rag. I start dabbing the cut on Michael's face, earning a hiss from him as he flinches, and the same reaction from John when I start on his arm.

"I swear all men are babies. What happened to you two anyway?" (K)

"Death Eaters wit some powerful curses tha's for sure. We knew yeh had made this place bout as safe as any so we figured we'd hang here for a bit." (J)

"Didna expect to see yeh here though, glad we did fore we left again." (M)

"How's your business with the Order going then?" (K)

"Coulda be a bit better tha's for sure, but we've got a few weeks off to go home to the clan." (J)

"Good, you two look like y'all need it." (K)

"How yeh been luv? Fred, he told us wha appened at the las meetin. Mikey was keen to rip George's ead off, but I wouldna let him." (J)

"Thanks for that. I'm fine, I start my new job for the Order in a few days." (K)

"You will be careful won yeh luv?" (J&M)

"You know me, trouble seems to follow me." (K)

I watch as their wounds heal and they smile at each other and then me. I offer them the chance to stay the night but they're in a hurry to get home. Something I can easily understand. I tell them to floo home, and after a few minutes they stop arguing with me and just do it. I give them both another hug before they leave in the fireplace with grins that look like they're already planning some trouble when they get home. Bless Aleric and Eliza for being able to put up with those two I swear.

I write a note for Scar and put it on the table by the front door, so if she comes before I'm back she'll know that her and Don have my permission to stay here. My home is unplottable and Vik is my secret keeper, so only those that I've allowed before can come in without difficulty or some curses to deal with when they get in. I smile a bit as Moonlight rubs against my leg, complaining as she meows at me and runs over to her empty food dish.

I shake my head a bit at her antics before I pour her some food into the dish. I grab my cloak and change some of my features in the mirror first. Straight blond hair and green eyes again, before I put my cloak on. I take one last look and decide that for my disguise undercover, I'll make my hair a shade darker. I think grey eyes would be better too. I nod one more time at my appearance as I apparate from my house to a place that I didn't think I would be at for quite a while, one I've never visited before now. The Burrow.