Chapter 13

Kat's POV:

"What are you talking about?" (H)

"Save it Harry. Upstairs! Now!" (K)

I watch as all three become very tense but nod a bit as I point them towards the stairs. They climb up ahead of me while Fred catches my eye. He nods in question but I motion to keep George away and he nods in agreement. The trio walk into the loft before me and I turn around and lock the door before turning back to find all three with wands raised at me. I let out a tired sigh before vamping out in front of them, watching the looks of surprise that come up as they lower their wands.

"Kat?!?" (H,H&R)

"Here it's Verity. Now want to tell me what you three were doing down Knockturn Alley and why Hermione was trying to get herself cursed or killed in Borgin and Burkes?" (K)

"We were following Malfoy." (H)

"I figured as much. Listen, I know you three hate him. But if I would have had to blow my cover back there for you three it would have set back the past few weeks of work I've been doing." (K)

"You're spying in Knockturn Alley?" (Her.)

"Yes, and as far as everyone in that Alley is concerned I'm a pureblood that is sympathetic towards the Dark Lord's cause, even if I am too weak a servant to serve him." (K)

I watched as Ron got a sympathetic look on his, Hermione one of understanding, and Harry one of pure disgust and anger. I listen for Fred and George downstairs and they're both busy with customers so we're all still ok to be up here for now. I look back at Harry just as his outburst seems to get the better of him.

"That's disgusting!" (H)

"That Harry is how the Dark Lord is using his own spies in the ministry, just with the opposite sentiments. Don't think he is not." (K)

"What have you found out then?" (R)

"I cannot tell you that. All I can tell you is that y'all are lucky there weren't more Death Eaters out and about today. I'm only instructed to engage in combat or blow my cover if absolutely necessary." (K)

"What about Malfoy? Isn't the Order going to do something?" (H)

"I can only give my reports to the Order and let them decide. It's up to them after this week's report is given to choose a path of action. What I need from you three is a promise to not go looking for danger this year at Hogwarts. I promise you it will find you without added help." (K)

I watch as Harry looks as if he is about to argue with me, but a look from Hermione stops him. He lets out a huff sound before giving a short nod along with the other two. I nod and smile a small smile in thanks as I start doing the charms and spells over again, with Hermione watching with keen interest.

"You're very good at those. I suppose the twins know who you really are?" (Her.)

"Only Fred." (K)

"Why not George?" (R)

"I'm not ready for that yet Ron. Now, if my hair is the right shade and my accent is alright, let's get you outside to Mrs. Weasley and Hagrid. Both looked as if they were ready to call the ministry out." (K)

They follow me back downstairs and I place my hood back over my head as we walk out. As soon as they exit the shop Mrs. Weasley is grabbing each one of them, asking where they were. I watch as Ron starts to say they were with me, but Hermione kicks him in the shin and nods her head no, before he mumbles about telling her about it at home.

I watch as Mrs. Weasley catches my eye as I watch from the side. She looks me up and down, stopping on my tattoo on my hand for a second before a look of dislike passes her features. I forgot she hadn't seen my Verity disguise yet, so she has no idea who I really am.

She speaks with Hagrid for a moment before glancing at me one more time. I watch as Hagrid clutches his umbrella a little tighter as they begin to walk towards the Leaky Cauldron. I give a short nod goodbye to the trio before I disapparate home.

I walk into the hallway and am met by a purring Moonlight, who quickly climbs up on my shoulder, and Scar as she comes running from the fireplace. She stands in front of me and I take a quick sniff to make sure she didn't set my kitchen on fire again today, but I don't smell soot or fresh paint so I suppose I'm in the clear. Still though, she has a really sneaky grin on her face right now. I vamp out and then un-vamp to get rid of my disguise easier as I look at her.

"What have you done Scar?" (K)

"Nothing! It's just well we have a visitor for the full moon tonight." (S)

"Uhuh. Who?" (K)

"Me ov course." (Vik)

I'm scooped up into his arms from behind as he hugs me tightly and lets out a short deep laugh of his. I can't help but join in as I shake my head and watch Scar smile at me. I should have known he would still be worried about me, too worried to let me hunt on my own. Silly boy.

"I should have known haha. Ok let's go to your woods to hunt then. Scar coming with?" (K)

"Nope, Donovan has a romantic dinner planned somewhere. Have fun Kat! Bye!" (S)

I watch as she apparates upstairs and I hear start rummaging around in the closet. I shake my head at her as she starts tossing clothes on the floor. Her room must look like a bomb went off honestly. I feel take my hand in his as he smiles at me and we walk into the fireplace together, before flooing to my second home away from home, only to walks outside into the woods by his house and start what will probably be an extremely long night of hunting. It's then that I'm reminded how lucky I am to have Vik in my life.

"Thanks Vik." (K)

"It is no provlem, you are my sister avter all." (V)

"And you are a great big brother Vik." (K)

I hug him before taking off the robe and stretching a bit, vamping out as I do. He lights a small fire and sets up a little camp to cook dinner for himself, while I sprint into the woods after the first deer of the night. My heart still aches each day I'm not in George's arms at the end of it, but being able to be near him and see him more often than I was is better than nothing I suppose. Still, I miss him.