Chapter 9

Kat's POV:

I walk up to the door of the Burrow with a smile on my face as I look at the house in the moonlight. It fits the Weasley family perfectly, and I can't help but hope he isn't here the closer I get to the front door. I knock on the door and I hear a shuffle of feet from inside before I hear Mrs. Weasley ask Tonks, from the smell of it, who itbe at the door at this time of night.

"Who is it?" (Mrs. W)

"It's me, Katherine, Mrs. Weasley." (K)

"Oh Katherine dear, come in come in." (Mrs. W)

She swings the door open exposing me to the light of the kitchen but I barely make it across the threshold before I'm being flung out again. I land on the ground outside with a thud and a soft moan as Tonks walks up to me with her wand out. I smile a bit, assuming this is her twisted idea of a joke, until I get a closer look at her.

Something's happened this summer to her as well, her hair is a dull brown color and her features are sad looking. I go to ask her what's wrong, but she raises her wand to me before I can utter a single word.

"Who are you really?" (T)

"Oh Houdini's wand not you too now? Fine, let me guess, fangs out or no dice?" (K)

I vamp out in front of her causing my disguise to fade away even when I'm not vamped out, and I hear Mrs. Weasley utter a small 'thank heavens' just as Tonks gives me a soft smile. She extends her hand to help me up off the ground, brushing grass and leaves off as she does.

"Sorry bout that Kat, can't be too careful nowadays." (T)

"It's fine, I should have known to expect something like that, you just caught me off guard slightly is all." (K)

"Oh well come in dear and join us for a spot of tea. Everyone else has already gone to bed, but I'm surely excited to see you dear." (Mrs. W)

"Thank you Mrs. Weasley, I can easily say the same thing." (K)

We all walk back into the Burrow and sit down at the table where Mrs. Weasley gets me a cup of tea. I sit across from Tonks, next to Mrs. Weasley, and I realize just how bad off she looks and I'm left wondering if I look the same.

"How have you been Tonks? Haven't heard from you in a while." (K)

"Oh fine I suppose. You?" (T)

"Both of you need to stop lying to each other and yourselves. You're each about as fine as the canary that was eaten by the cat. Tonks tell her the truth and then Katherine dear you do the same." (Mrs. W)

I look at Mrs. Weasley and then Tonks trying to figure out what Tonks is meant to tell me. I watch as Tonks takes a deep breath before breathing it out slowly. She looks up at me and meets me with a doleful expression in her eyes.

"I fell in love with someone but they say they can't reciprocate it." (T)

"Tell her who dear." (Mrs. W)

"Remus." (T)

"Why can't he reciprocate the feelings? I've seen the way he looks at you before." (K)

"Something to do with putting my life in danger or the life of any children we would have due to his werewolf problem." (T)

"That's bullsh-.......that's ridiculous." (K)

I watch as Mrs. Weasley who had raised an eyebrow at my first choice of language before I changed it. Then Tonks who simply looks away with a few tears in her eyes that she wipes away quickly before she looks back down at her tea.

"Kat what about you? How are your man troubles?" (T)

"I haven't heard from him all summer. I sent a letter a few days ago, and I'm guessing he got it. I...excuse me Mrs. Weasley but I love him and miss him more than I thought possible but he deserves better. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I felt the same way about George that Remus feels about you right now." (K)

"Dear you know that we could never ask for better for George." (Mrs. W)

"Thank you for your kind words Mrs. Weasley, but it's hard to feel the same way." (K)

"It's no excuse for how he won't even give us a chance. You and George had a go. I only wish he would give us a go as well." (T)

"It probably doesn't help that he watched mine and George's fall apart." (K)

I watch as Mrs. Weasley goes to say something else but we're interrupted by a knock at the door. A few seconds later Mrs. Weasley lets Dumbledore in with Harry following behind. I watch as Mrs. Weasley looks surprised for a moment and states she wasn't expecting him until the morning, all while Dumbledore looks at both Tonks and I sitting at the table.

"Slughorn proved much more persuadable than I had expected. Harry's doing, or course. Ah, hello Nymphadora, Katherine." (D)

I just give a short nod as Tonks says hello to them both before taking her leave. Mrs. Weasley tries to invite her over to dinner but she declines, and I know it's because Remus will be there as well. I know the pain it causes to see the one you love when you can't have him.

Tonks and Dumbledore leave moments from each other before Mrs. Weasley begins to feed Harry, remarking on how thin he's gotten. I must admit he does look a bit taller since I've last seen him. If he's grown taller then I can only imagine how tall Ron has gotten.