Chapter 2

Kat's POV:

Dear Katherine,

How are you dear? I hope you're doing well in your internship and that you're keeping safe. We think about you often here at the Burrow. Ginny asks how you are doing and whether you will still be teaching at Hogwarts next term. I've been telling her we'll all have to wait and see. I hope you've been eating well and taking care of yourself dear. You see dear, whether you will ever be an actual part of the Weasley family, you need to know that Arthur and I care for you a great deal. You are as much a daughter to us as Harry is a son to us, and we hope that you will visit us at the Burrow one day. You are always welcome here.

Much love,

Molly Weasley & Family

I smile despite the twinge in my heart as I read her letter. I know she wanted to write more, but with the threat of letters being intercepted nowadays she kept it short. I do miss the Weasley clan, and I mean more than just him. Living in the same dorm room with Ginny the past two years resulted in us becoming close with one another. I just don't know if I can visit when the possibility of him popping in to say hello, while I'm visiting, exists.

I suppose the fear of that happening, compared to all the things I should be fearing instead just makes me a 'ruddy coward' as Hagrid would say. But I don't know if my heart can take it if he's moved on, while I'm still dying on the inside for him. In fact I'm certain that if anyone could hear how my heart screams and cries for him, they would think I was dying for sure. I let out a tired sigh as I think of that, with the thought dwindling a bit as I see Scar's letter next on the pile.

Kat,

                I hope you're doing better this week than last. Donovan and I are having an amazing time back home in Louisiana. I swear my parents love him more now than they did during the holidays last term and I didn't even think that was possible. Though I wish you could have come with us. Your family sends their love and their warnings to be safe. Don't worry I haven't told them a thing, and I will not be the one to do so. I happen to like living, thank you very much.             

Oh I almost forgot to tell you our news that we received yesterday. You'll never believe it but Donovan and I both got the jobs that we applied for at the ministry. He's been placed into the Office of International Affairs, and I've been selected to be an entrance worker for the Dept. of Mysteries in the prophecy division. Though y'all did make quite a job of it, destroying as many prophecies as y'all did. Not that I blame y'all I guess.

We're supposed to be home in another week or two to report for work. I hope I get to see you before though, and more often than at O meetings you know ;) I do have a bit of a favor to possibly ask you when I get back. It has to do with living arrangements for me and Don. Think there's any way we could stay at your place in London when you start your new job? I was going to wait and ask you in person, but Don said to ask you now so you'd have time to think it over. If the answer's no, we understand I swear. Just let me know next time I see you.

Don and I both send our love and threats that if you're not taking care of yourself I'll kick your ass when I get back to England. You know I'll do it too. Love you girly, and take care of yourself.

-Scarlett Roxanne Beals ;)

I finish her letter with a slight smile on my face and find myself jumping in my seat as Moonlight surprises me by climbing into my lap. I laugh a bit as I stroke her behind the ears and think over Scar and Don living in my London house. If I'm still taking the job at Hogwarts in the fall then I'm fine with them both staying there. Even if I don't take the job then I'll still be fine with them living there. Vik told me once that Don is one of the few people he trusts, including me of course.